• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you having for lunch? (rolling thread)

Italian breakfast at Cafe Max on Benfleet High Road - a lovely treat in glorious sunshine on their garden terrace.

That's scrambled eggs on toasted ciabatta, two rashers of bacon, grilled cherry tomatoes and mushrooms - plus two flat whites. Yummy!

I have always thought them a bit expensive.

Then again it's always busy so what do I know?

Prices have gone up markedly, we walked to The Bull in Hockley on Sunday to meet up with friends.

3 Adult lunch meals, 4 kids meals and 1 side dish with drinks was just under £100. The portion sizes were also very stingy so won't be heading back in a hurry.

Prices have gone up markedly, we walked to The Bull in Hockley on Sunday to meet up with friends.

3 Adult lunch meals, 4 kids meals and 1 side dish with drinks was just under £100. The portion sizes were also very stingy so won't be heading back in a hurry.

I vowed never to return to The Bull a long time ago.

Nice location, poor quality and value for money.

That’s definitely pricey, more so if the pub is still gaining from the 5pct reduced vat rate.

That’s definitely pricey, more so if the pub is still gaining from the 5pct reduced vat rate.

It was disgusting to be honest, especially when you consider we had to go and collect our own drinks and the food all turned up in a cardboard box inside a brown paper bag with plastic cutlery.

Robbing bastards

It was disgusting to be honest, especially when you consider we had to go and collect our own drinks and the food all turned up in a cardboard box inside a brown paper bag with plastic cutlery.

That sounds like one of my summer pub nights out Old Leigh when I was at sixth form.

Except the drinks were collected from a local off licence and there was no food.

Artisan French baguette, Norwegian cheese, German sausage, English piccalilli.

A tour of Europe in a sandwich.

Back