• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you listening to right now? Post Video links please.

Now, I don't really like Blondie, but something cropped up earlier on TV that reminded me of the one song I did like and man, what a tune! :-

Prefer the original, I have to say, featuring the excellent Gary Herbig on Sax :Thumbs up: :-

Last edited:
Now I can finally update my Ipod (broken laptop), I've got The Lemon Twigs - Go To School followed by War on Drugs - A Deeper Understanding.

It's definitely an age thing MK, but I haven't a clue what you're on about there.

Ha. Two good bands. War On Drugs are very reminiscent of 60s/70s stoner rock, have a listen you may like them. The Lemon Twigs are two brothers from NY, a mix of rock/pop and show tunes.

More Talk Talk. (Spirit of Eden). Amazing really, for most my musical life they went under my radar (except for the hits). They could easily be one of my favourites acts of all time.

More Talk Talk. (Spirit of Eden). Amazing really, for most my musical life they went under my radar (except for the hits). They could easily be one of my favourites acts of all time.
Spirit of Eden is wonderful. Check out his late '90s solo album if you don't know it.

Just checking out something about Peter Noone, linked over to his website and blow me, he's still going. More importantly, the fella's having a warm-up couple of dates in Las Vegas before playing the world renowned Cliffs Pavilion. Couldn't make it up......

https://peternoone.com/

Have a play of his 'Friday on my Mind' - not too shabby for a 71 year old :Thumbs up:

Spirit of Eden is wonderful. Check out his late '90s solo album if you don't know it.
seconded, the B-sides comp as well when you run out of proper albums to listen to.

The Rustin Man (Paul Webb) stuff is interesting too - one of his albums is a collaboration with Beth Gibbons of Portishead. The O'Rang side project I didn't love at the time, I may do now though...

Back