• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you listening to right now? Post Video links please.

It was a very good year Frank Sinatra. Not everyone's cup of tea but the man was such a good singer.

Been playing a lot of Coasters tunes recently,especially this one.Wonderful R & B group who were also funny.Who'd have thunk that anyone could make a hit record out of VD? Leiber & Stoller have a lot to answer for, including being a huge influence on local bands such as The Paramounts and Mickey Jupp.

The Joshua Tree- It may be a ponderous lump of chin strokiness but it's still a masterpiece IMHO.

You know Kirsty MacColl chose the running order bar the first & last tracks?

Just started listening to the Pixies new album Beneath the Eyrie and this is one off the album.

I wasn't sure at first, as I thought it was a bit Tame!! It certainly doesn't have the roughness of Debaser or Tame, but a couple of plays in and it subtle brilliance is now obvious. My holiday listening is sorted!!

Have it on now, definitely softer but Frank, Kim & Co are getting on a bit!

Im getting into them, but they're a hard listen at times.

Steely Dan were an absolute nightmare for session musicians for their albums. It had the two perfectionists in the band that ruled the roost. Donald Fagan included. None of this one or two takes and we're done business. The musicians said it could take 40 takes, especially as one of them would shout ''CUT'' in the middle of a song, as they were never happy. And they kept changing things and musical notes.

One of the most under-rated albums of the last 20 odd years. D*Note's wonderful 'Criminal Justice' :-

I'm listening to Aerial by KB. Not listened to it in awhile and you can skip past the bits by the convicted paedo.......:Whistling:

Top work @MK Shrimper .. Drumming up interest on the other threads :Cool:

'Aerial' is a great album. I have a track to include on the BOTL thread. 'An Endless Sky of Honey' is a masterpiece. In fairness old Rolf wasn't known about at the time and barely speaks for more than 2 seconds.

Back