• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you listening to right now? Post Video links please.

In 1989 I watched Working Girl and was blown away with a track on it from Carly Simon. One of the few occasions where the track was only available on the film soundtrack. Now it has become a staple with choirs around the world, but leaving that aside it's still a great listen and uplifting in these crap times.

In 1989 I watched Working Girl and was blown away with a track on it from Carly Simon. One of the few occasions where the track was only available on the film soundtrack. Now it has become a staple with choirs around the world, but leaving that aside it's still a great listen and uplifting in these crap times.

Yeah my choir does this

Reactions: RHB
Guilty pleasure time............Barry Manilow is currently of BBC2 playing live from his home in the States. He is still a very talented performer, regardless of the size of his snoz!

So Hue and Cry, the Kane brothers. Two intelligent guys who had a lot of anger in them. They would have lots of fights and break ups, but always got back together as they also had love. They did not see eye to eye, Pat being the superb singer and song writer, and Greg the quieter more musical one, the musical director. Pat was the mouthy domineering one. If you watch the video, Pat would have a quick glance at his brother Greg, who is on the piano. At the time, Greg had absolutely no idea that Pat wrote it about Greg. Pat felt his brother hated him, but he wanted Greg to show him some love, so he wrote, just say you love me, you don't have to mean it. It would be over 20 years after this video that Pat surprised Greg by telling him it was about him. He thought it was about a woman. Greg said he wondered why there wasn't any romantic verses in the song.

Just say you love me, you don't have to mean it
You don't have to make a show of what isn't there
Just say you love me, mere words for my favour
Little lies be my Saviour, my comfort and care
I don't want a great performance here
Just a presence that is warm and near
You don't have to tell me where or who
Just some payback for the way I try to understand you
Just say you love me, you don't have to mean it
You don't have to make a show of what isn't there
Just say you love me, mere words for my favour
Little lies be my Saviour, my comfort and care
I don't want you to be working hard
Just some courtesy would be a start
There are some things you don't need to say
Everything that's gonna hurt me you can hide it away.

Last edited:
Being a child of the sixties I loved this track, first from Chris Farlow and then Rod Stewart, but I actually think the Stereophonics version is the best of the lot. Maybe it's the connection with the Office, I don't actually know, but it's great.

I never knew the Monday's version of this was a cover. Shocked & stunned!

Last edited:
Being a child of the sixties I loved this track, first from Chris Farlow and then Rod Stewart, but I actually think the Stereophonics version is the best of the lot. Maybe it's the connection with the Office, I don't actually know, but it's great.

There is a rather good version out there somewhere by the composer Mike D`Abo - have seen him do it live many times

Back