• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you really missing - staying in?

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
  1. The band (especially our drummer - she's gorgeous!)
  2. Breakfast at a café
  3. Just going for a drive to - oh, anywhere
  4. Football, of course!
  5. Menorca - holiday cancelled like everyone else I imagine
So that's my top 5. I'd add a few more but 5 is ample. How about you?

1.Going to see live concerts.

2.Going to see live football.

3.Working (although I'm officially retired I still work PT).

4.Going for a walk on the Prom. in Sitges.

5.Going out for a drink and meals at local bars and restaurants.

1/ Missing seeing Mum aged 90, speak every day but not the same
2/ Missing my son, becoming a dad for first time soon, and not being there to share a beer or three
3/ Walking/running and not having to swerve someone I don't know
4/ Going shopping and not scrubbing up after wards
5/ Just watching or hearing the news and having cheerful news

My daughters who both work in healthcare
Beers at West Road Tap
Long country walks with Mrs G, woof and a pub lunch
Two holidays already been canned
Strangely my job .

Being able to be with my friends. Sure, we can video chat online but it's not the same.
Going out for a good long walk on a nice day.
Just popping out to the shops casually and not having to plan it like a military expedition.
Being at the football. The hubbub of the crowd. Moaning about the ref. The feeling of communal ecstasy when we score a goal.

The first time I do some of those things, I am going to cry like a baby. I am going to cry a lot the first time back at Roots Hall.

My daughter not spending hours on my mobile talking & facetiming her mates. :Angry Mob:

1. Work, only 6 months into a new job and really love it. Hope I have a job to go back too.

2. Sport, mainly boxing and football.

3. The ability to just go to the shops and get stuff like a manly trip to Screwfix and being able to get what you want.

4. Seeing family.

5. Walking the dogs and it not being a mission to avoid all the idiots.

Still managing to see my parents and my daughter through windows when I drop stuff off to them - miss giving them a hug though.

I really miss popping into a coffee shop or for cafe breakfast or lunch on one of our days off.

Miss my work lot, we really are like a family.

Miss my football!

I usually lock myself in a toilet cubicle at half time and have a little cry.
These will be happy tears, possibly changing tone slightly later on depending on the scoreline.

So! 40 minutes after the rest of us!
First home game this season, I just about made it in time and got to my seat just as we were kicking off. There were problems on the C2C trains and I ran all the way from Fenchurch Street to Liverpool Street to catch a train that would get me to the game on time.

We were 2-0 down inside 15 minutes and probably lucky not to have let even more in. The bloke who sits next to turned to me: "Do you wish you hadn't bothered running now?"

With hindsight, I showed a damn sight more energy and commitment than half our team did for a lot of this season.

The only things I feel are missing from my life during lockdown are football and craft beer from a key keg.

Co ckles & whelks from Osbornes at The Old Town. ( Deliberately left a gap between o & c, as usually when you type that name, the swear filter kicks in! )

Wetherspoon breakfasts

Toby Carvery's

McCarthys pork pies & sausage rolls ( Brentwood Co. ) from Rayleigh market on a Weds.

Back