• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What car would you liken to what Football Player

Aberdeen Shrimper

When I was watching the Manure v Barcelona game I was impressed with Tevez and when the commentator came out with a classic “that boy has got one heck of an engine” it made me think, if I likened him to a car what would it be?

IMO, I would say that if Tevez was a car he would be a Red Porsche Carrera GT…… Short compact, some body damage with extremely fast acceleration and an engine that will keep going at a very high rev rate.

Player and Car please……..

Last edited:
I would say that if Tevez was a car he would be a Red Porsche Carrera GT…
Presumably one that has been in a crash recently.

Michael Owen - Like an Alfa Romeo smooth and graceful but keeps breaking down.

I would have likened Tevez to the Cayenne, as they are SO ugly!!

Steve Hammell would be like an old VW Polo of mine, did an ok job, but didn't like the warm weather, as it would overheat, so is better suited to a colder climate!! Of course it would have to be a left hand drive version!!

Matt Harrold in front of goal is like and old Fiat Mirafiori I had years ago with a chipped piston and a dodgy distributor....Always missing!!!

Frank Lampard - BMW 3 series... cruises around the pitch, reliable passer over short and long distances but still overpriced, overrated and unnecessarily heavy

Sorry, I tried to resist it, but I can't. Steve Hummerll, slow, heavy & a luxury vehicle that you can afford to be without!

Sorry!!

Daryll Flahaven would be a Smart Car - small, compact and sometimes a little dodgy on corners

Daryl Flahavan - Mini Cooper Great agility but a bit short of headroom
Che Wilson. - That old Austin your dad has had in the back of his shed for years meaning to Restore
Tommy Black - A milk float,, heavily laden and useful, but runs out of power early on

And Kevin Maher would be the Monkee Mobile....

hey.jpg
http://www.raiderslinks.com/images/gto/hey.jpg

Drewe Broughton would be a cart horse. Slow and cumbersome. I know a cart horse isn't really a car, but Drewe isn't really a footballer either.

Michael Ricketts would be Chris Eubank's monster truck.

253083986_6cdedf8654.jpg

Ridiculously oversized, a legacy of long-faded days of glory and now an object of ridicule, having bankrupted its former owner.

Sir Steve of Tilson is like your very first car:

You know it's not the best in the world, but you also know it's absolutely perfect for you. You're immensely proud of it and it never lets you down.

It might not have the class of some of the more expensive models (and the radio's a little embarrassing), yet it still more than holds its own on the roads. It's also taken you all around the country, and always seems to get you to where you want to go.

Good times live on forever in the memory...

Brett Angell - My Ford Falcon

Fantastic over very short distances (about six feet), but cannot be relied upon for anything longer.

Lee Bradbury - crude oil tanker. Both require about 3 miles to turn, will take half an hour to cover 100yards and are often founded washed up on the south coast

Back