• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What cup will we progess the furthest in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shrimpersunited

First XI
Moving down into League One next seasons adds another cup to our diary's; the JPT. Some love it, some hate it. But what i wanna know is what cup do we stand the best success in. In other words what cup will we progress the furthest in?

God I hate the JPT...What a pointless cup.....

I know we got to Cardiff twice but apart from that it is crap.

DtS

Fate tends to have a nasty habit of dumping you on your behinds the season after good cup runs or big cup games. On that basis i fully expect us to lose in the first round of the carling and F.A cups, and knowing us we will reach the southern final of the J.P.T. and lose to blow out on a trip to Wembley.

I'd take any trip to Wembley to watch SUFC and it's unlikely to be the FA Cup or League Cup so the wonderully names Johnstones Paint Trophy it has to be!

As long as Southend set foot in Wembley before Colchester do I dont care what cup it is....although the JPT seems the best chance we have.

The romantic in me says FA cup, the realist says the Super Dulux Shaggy Dog Paint Trophy Spectacular Tin Pot Challenge.

I can see us playing Leeds in the play off final but crashing out of all cups in disapointing fashion

Would love to see us getting to the final of the JPT again, perhaps stuffing Col U in the Southern final. If we find a goal scorer (Pleeeeeeeeease God) and have a good season up among the playoff places, I could see us easiy taking 35-40,000 to wembley..... oh God i'm tingling at the thought.Roll on the next season I can't wait!!

Would love to go to Wembley with southend as amazing how it was at Cardiff , it would of been even better at wembley as we would of taken at least another 5-10k people and the atmosphere created would of been top draw

Would love to go to Wembley to support Southend, have been there twice so far to watch the Conference Play off final Exeter Vs Morecombe, and the League Two Play off final Rovers Vs Shrewsbury.

Such a fantastic stadium and seeing my team there would be such a proud moment, alot like the 3 trips to the Millenium Stadium.

The Johnstone Paint Trophy would be the one we get furthest in in my opinion, but a lot depends on the luck of the draw.

Back