• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What did these recent statements mean?

ElstreeBlue

Coach
Just wondering whether the recent developments shed any light on the phrase given a few months ago that relegation from league one would be "fatal" for SUFC? What did that statement actually mean? Did Ron expect that the club would cease to exist?

What was meant by the comment that our current embargo wouldn't affect us signing players?

I think the fans, particularly people who have shed out hard-earned money on season tickets, deserve a proper explanation about what these comments meant. Speaking of which, what's happened to the fans who bought tickets at the higher price and were expecting a part refund if we went down? And what's going to happen if England win the World Cup? Did the club take out insurance against that gamble or are we properly doomed if England win? Should we be supporting Germany on Sunday?

Didn't he qualify/clarify the "fatal" comment in a subsequent blog? He said that he wasn't speaking literally.

He also specifically said that the embargo wouldn't stop us signing players because it only stops us registering them to play, the implication being that as long as the embargo is lifted before the new season starts it won't make any difference. Which if (and I don't know whether they can or can't) players who aren't registered are able to play for us in friendlies, I guess would be correct.

I don't think the embargo is the reason why we're not signing players. It's just another sympom of the underlying issue (we're skint).

Didn't he qualify/clarify the "fatal" comment in a subsequent blog? He said that he wasn't speaking literally.

He also specifically said that the embargo wouldn't stop us signing players because it only stops us registering them to play, the implication being that as long as the embargo is lifted before the new season starts it won't make any difference. Which if (and I don't know whether they can or can't) players who aren't registered are able to play for us in friendlies, I guess would be correct.

I don't think the embargo is the reason why we're not signing players. It's just another sympom of the underlying issue (we're skint).

Presumably if we've got loads of players waiting in the wings to give us a proper chance of competing, they're just ready to sign then as and when the embargo is lifted. A bit surprised, though, that we haven't heard any official line or even rumours about who we have lined up. We must realise we need all the players in the next few days as pre-season training is starting very soon.

I doubt we have got anyone lined up, but again it's down to the lack of funds. If we have someone who is willing to come in for 50 quid a week then I'm sure we could have the gurning photo up on the OS, regardless of the transfer embargo.

Presumably if we've got loads of players waiting in the wings to give us a proper chance of competing, they're just ready to sign then as and when the embargo is lifted. A bit surprised, though, that we haven't heard any official line or even rumours about who we have lined up. We must realise we need all the players in the next few days as pre-season training is starting very soon.

rose tint alert...

I guess Tilly has gone through the PFA "free list" and has identified who would do a job in each position. Maybe to get a squad of 16-17 pro's, but is waiting until the very last minute to approach / sign them. Therefore we dont pay wages until the last minute and SUFC is their only / best choice..

or on the otherhand we are without a paddle and up poo creak..

i have sent 3 email to the the club the last one last night this time addressed to Mr king and so far to date i have the typical reply from SUFC .....................Bloody Nothing at all

but i will continue sending in the hope i might get a few answers to the question i asked and if i do
will share them on this site

But dont hold your BREATHE

Tilly said in the Echo a week or so ago, that nobody from the club has discussed a new deal with him...

i have sent 3 email to the the club the last one last night this time addressed to Mr king and so far to date i have the typical reply from SUFC .....................Bloody Nothing at all

but i will continue sending in the hope i might get a few answers to the question i asked and if i do
will share them on this site

But dont hold your BREATHE
What email address have you got?

Geoff always replies to my emails, and so does Ron normally.

PM me it so I can confirm it, if you want.

What email address have you got?

Geoff always replies to my emails, and so does Ron normally.

PM me it so I can confirm it, if you want.

I've written to Geoff King too - on an e-mail address he has already written to me on. Same result - NOTHING!

Here's another question: anyone know how the legal action the club said it would pursue against HMRC is going? You know - the one that we were told was being taken when we objected to HMRC coming after us claiming for more unpaid money. We were having to make a legal claim against HMRC because we didn't really owe anything extra as they'd overcharged us first time round, or so I thought we were told? Haven't heard much about that battle over the last few months. News on that one surprisingly just seems to have died down. I'm sure if we had a genuine claim we would have pursued it...wouldn't we? Maybe we've won the legal action and the club didn't want to publicise it?

Back