• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What do you expect from Tilly next season?

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
We will see how good Tilly really is over the coming few months. He has to try and persuade the best players to stay on reduced contracts when up for renewal. Some have already made their mind up, and are off no matter what he says. He has to rebuild the team and squad under severe financial constraints. R.M. quoted that he would like a squad of 21-22 players for Div 2, can't see that happening, probably more spin.
He has to find a very good strikeforce and left back, as the promising youngsters will not get us promoted, and of course fill in the gaps left by the deserters.

Tilly has to get on with the assistant manager that R.M. promised us. Although it seems Macca is off, Tilly should learn to take off highly volatile players when the whole world can see they are going to get sent off. Tilly needs to be a lot more tactically aware, when losing, when winning, and of course substitutions. Tilly should be more vocal by the way of instructions and encouragement during a game. He is a football manager and motivator, he is not working in a library.

We will never know how big a part Brushy played in their partnership, but we are about to see if Tilly can step up to the mark and deal with the enormous task in hand and win us promotion at the first attempt.

What do you expect from Tilly next season? What if anything, annoys you about him? What area's would you like him to improve on? Is there any advice that you would like to give him?

I expect him to sign a new back four that gel's immediately.
Sign 3 fredy eastwood's at least for nothing on free transfers.
Win league two with ten games to spare scoring at least 100 goals.
Make the Blue belles wear less clothes.

Oh and get onions in the burgers.
That'll do for starters, I will expect no less !!!

Plenty of "like I says", a good smattering of "lads done ever so well" and a cacophony of "different class".

I expect Tilly to be walk after a crap pre-season and a poor start in div 2 as there will be no new players at the club and the team is made up of youths and the remain of the current squad.
RM will get in a 'yes man' manager who will take the pressure of RM when the players again don't get paid on time and this time we go into administration and eventually cease to exist.

I think we have to ascertain whether Tilly will definitely be here or not first.

I think we have to ascertain whether Tilly will definitely be here or not first.

Tilly has not only told everyone in the Echo that he is staying, but very recently told a mutual connection that he is definitely staying. Although he's had the stuffing knocked out of him, he still loves the club.

Back