• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What do you look forward to most about travelling to a new country?

Davros

The Whippet
I ask this question, because we all do it for different reasons.

Over the past few years, i have noticed myself more and more trying to find the best restaurants on Trip Advisor before going to new places, and making lists of restaurants that are either a little bit different or are good value etc, and ones to avoid, so have come to the realisation that yes, the thing i look forward to the most about travelling is food!

over to you SZ!

Good call with food, tripadvisor I find is much better for restaurants than with hotels. I think it's food for me too, but I quite like the adventure and having to be organised. I have a plastic A4 wallet for all our stuff and the missus laughs at me for being so organised but I like it. Especially if you 'build' a holiday.

After a driving holiday through France this year, I really enjoyed driving abroad too - the roads in France are so much nicer.

I look forward to having a **** in a new country. South Korea being the most random country so far :thumbsup:
Remember, you can beat an egg but you cant beat a ****.

Good call with food, tripadvisor I find is much better for restaurants than with hotels. I think it's food for me too, but I quite like the adventure and having to be organised. I have a plastic A4 wallet for all our stuff and the missus laughs at me for being so organised but I like it. Especially if you 'build' a holiday.

After a driving holiday through France this year, I really enjoyed driving abroad too - the roads in France are so much nicer.

Nothing wrong with a bi of being organised, especially as you say when you build your own holiday!
I've not gone as far as the A4 plastic wallet yet, but i tend to have my trip in an envelope with the documents in the order i will need them, with what they are written on the front in different colour highlighters.

Yes, as you say, it may be a bit geeky, but better than being that ****** that holds up the queue because they can't find there flight confirmation!

That said, i saw a chap on the bus from Barca airport to centre, who had all his travel documents laminated, that may be taking it a bit tooo far!

Nothing wrong with a bi of being organised, especially as you say when you build your own holiday!
I've not gone as far as the A4 plastic wallet yet, but i tend to have my trip in an envelope with the documents in the order i will need them, with what they are written on the front in different colour highlighters.

Yes, as you say, it may be a bit geeky, but better than being that ****** that holds up the queue because they can't find there flight confirmation!

That said, i saw a chap on the bus from Barca airport to centre, who had all his travel documents laminated, that may be taking it a bit tooo far!

Haha laminated sounds amazing, you never know when you need your insurance certificate to be waterproof! Yes I agree I think my organisation comes from seeing some absolute horror-shows in airports. The sight of people taking all of their stuff out of a suitcase onto a check-in desk floor makes my toes curl!

Don't disagree Dav, look forward to the food also, the restaurants and the sunshine.

Ah holidays, I remember them!

Food and investigating history for me.

Which is a bit odd, as I hated History at school, but I really do enjoy actually investigating it.

Also like finding more "traditional" places off the beaten track

Going to New York next year without the kids. Looking forward to just looking around without two little uns getting in the way and stopping me looking at really boring things.

Getting there, with luggage and everything in one piece. I hate the travelling side of things! Quite happy when arrived, but don't like the getting there one bit. Other than that, decent size measures of spirits, beautiful freshly cooked local produce and just switching off from the daily grind.

My bro (SUFC_Al) is going to NY in March, I'm well jealous!

Never been to the US but next March doing Florida with the kids which Im looking forward to but isnt really my thing, and then NYC in June without them.

Might buy a baseball cap as Ill be well American'd up by then.

WTF?

And you freely admit this?

Please tell me you don't have a spreadsheet tracking OBL.

Never been to the US but next March doing Florida with the kids which Im looking forward to but isnt really my thing, and then NYC in June without them.

Might buy a baseball cap as Ill be well American'd up by then.
You might say it isn't really your thing now but by the time you get there you'll have a ball, just from the sheer fun your kids are having! How old are they? Best tip for anyone heading to Disney for the first time is to buy an Autograph book first chance you get as they will want to chase round getting characters' autographs, and get in the parks early!

Back