• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What do you pay to go to football?

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
Just though it would be interesting to find out what people pay (exiles mainly) to follow their various football teams and to compare that to what's charged at Roots Hall.

Just had details of my membership (season ticket) prices for next season in the A-League which comes to $216 AUD for 15 games...or roughly equivalent to 7 pounds a game. That includes a free scarf, public transport to and from every game, access to a members only bar in the ground, dedicated members only turnstile at the stadium and a few other crappy little giveaways in the members pack.

I think that's excellent value to be fair...so what else do other people pay?

I've been to a few games in Spain this year. To see Atlético de Madrid in La Liga is around the €30 mark. A good view, but I'm glad it wasn't belting down with rain (or blazing hot) as the entire stand was uncovered.

In the second division, it cost €20 to see Rayo Vallecano in a stadium and with stewarding, that was a disaster waiting to happen. Great atmosphere though!

I was lucky enough to get a ticket through work to see a Real Madrid Champions League game. I didn't pay for the ticket, but the face value was €175 :stunned:

£300 for my season ticket here, but I don't usually pay to go watch Eastbourne Boro if I'm down that way as I can get comp's usually.

Friend of my dads has a season ticket at Man United, can't make midweek KO's but, under the Glazer regime, you have to purchase tickets for all home games, no matter which competition. He usually passes these tickets onto my dad who'll pop along despite being a closet Liverpool fan and he'll bring me as well.

This chap was telling my dad that, with the new system, the price of success for the common season ticket holder is obscene... If they make the final of the 3 cup competitions, what with CL group games, it borders on £800 for the year.

A Season ticket for Espanyol's excellent new stadium in Cornellá(opposite the fat cats stand)with a superb view from right on the halfway line)in the Tribuna Inferior was 650 euros (IIRC)last season.They haven't announced ticket prices for the new season yet but I'll be renewing -unless there's an outrageous price hike of course.

Last edited:
Season ticket at Ross County is £182, but for under 16's it's £20, and under 12's are free. With that you get an unforgettable cup run too.

At Southend Manor it's (a pricey in my opinion) £6 a game, £4 for concessions and kids a quid.

Changing sports, my season ticket for Harlequins Rugby League is a very reasonable £99. Not the best seats, but with 13 home games (plus a free Challenge Cup game I was unable to make) that's under £8 a game, which is well worth it.

Costs me about £2k to get to 22 Southend games last season - including train fares & hotels.

Back