• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
Since saturday Paul Sturrock has refused to discuss the latest shannanigans of Bilel Mohsni.

But he says he will release a statement regarding the player this week.

Do you suspect his time is up this time or will he be spared yet again?

That's not what you hope or wish for but what you think Sturrock and the Club will do this time around.

Please discuss.

No player is bigger than the team! He should be released if what we read about team disharmony is correct. A united team will do better than a disharmonious team.

Any need for a seperate thread?

However I will answer. I think it depends on what Bilel wants, and if devonexile's post yesterday is anything to go by it may be best for Bilel if he quits english football, and that is what is most important, Bilel's health.

Sad to say, I think he was told he was in last chance saloon so I expect him to be released. If his behaviour is affecting team unity as reports seem to allege then it's time to go.

Au revior Bilel. I wish you all the best for the future but you'll never be a pro-football player if you can't be around players (and fans) that act like animals.

If Paul Surrock had made the decision to get rid of Bilel following the Oldham replay, he would have faced an onslaught from the majority on SZ..........'You can't get rid of our most talented footballer!'......'Bil's great with the fans!' etc etc. Now, as he ponders his decision (I think it's already been made) he can observe a SZ where the majority have sadly come to the conclusion that enough is enough.
I feel for Luggy as it must be a huge personal disappointment. He had found this lad in a Paris suburb park and it was he who was going to polish him and have Premiership sides clamouring for his signature. In the end he proved too hot for Luggy (anyone) to handle at a professional level.......the cost was too high. We can only speculate what cost his faith in Bilel was, both to his personal authority and unity within the squad.

From a post from another thread.

Someone once told me "with all the teams in France you do wonder why no-one has signed Mohsni up as a professional before SUFC"

Who said that ? Any ideas ?

Why not ? It's not like a rival club would sign him, or would they ?

Exactly.

Also, just keep him on, if not played for a good 5 - 6 months he might realise what he is missing out on. He has calmed down A LOT on the pitch towards players of late which makes me think he will be able to do it overall with his personality.

I want to know what the players opinions towards him are.

I just honestly think he is too good to get rid of just yet. Don't play him, fine him, whatever, but to get rid of him would be very stupid.

Keep him until the end of the season if nothing has changed then it's byebye! But I feel very sad about it because he is a HUGE talent, one of the most natural I've ever seen. Also stops Creepy or someone else signing him! Or Di Canio!

From a post from another thread.

Someone once told me "with all the teams in France you do wonder why no-one has signed Mohsni up as a professional before SUFC"

Who said that ? Any ideas ?

Just a guess, but a wanabee boxer who got shown up in the ring by someone without any training ?

I think he will go ( either club or his own decision ) , but a very sad day indeed if that's the case.
IMO , Mohsni and Hall have been the only two players worth paying money to watch this season.

Back