• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What happens if results dont improve

Why would he care? He plans on selling the club as soon as the building work has taken shape.

I’ve got no doubt he’d like to leave us in a half decent state when he does finally depart, but at this point in time I believe his sole purpose is to see his plans come to fruition above all else.
He needs to make sure we stay in this division either back mm or sack him.Dropping out of the football league would be a catastrophe for ron and everyone.His investment means nothing if we are not playing in the football league! I bet ron is shi....ng himself right now and extremely worried about the situation we find ourselves in.

How many games was it under kevin bond before ron welded the axe? And he took along time appointing him too.I keep saying its all about results,its harsh but true.
The axe may have been metaphorically gestured at him, but Bond resigned. Like Sol.

If we are 22nd after 20 games, the guy is an absolute genius. He has inherited a team of non-league quality who are so used to losing that they don’t even have the arrogance or confidence that younger players tend to have. Give him time. Everybody wants everything now nowadays. Perhaps some patience would be good? It’s October. The season ends in May. If we’ve all dealt with this shambles since the January of CP’s last season then I’m sure we can find it in ourselves to give MM a few more months.

He needs to make sure we stay in this division either back mm or sack him.Dropping out of the football league would be a catastrophe for ron and everyone.His investment means nothing if we are not playing in the football league! I bet ron is shi....ng himself right now and extremely worried about the situation we find ourselves in.

You’ve ignored what I’ve said, and simply repeated yourself.

No, he doesn’t need to make sure we stay in this division.

Yes, he has backed MM

No, dropping out of the league wouldn’t be a catastrophe for Ron.

Yes, his investment still means everything to him, regardless of what level we are in.

No, I don’t suppose Ron is ****ting himself at all tbh.

Our league position is a mere speed bump on the highway to his legacy.

We used to hear with Sol how ‘performances were improving’ and ‘fitness is improving’ even though results weren’t. I haven’t seen the last 2 games so can anyone who has done outline whether there’s starting to be some improvements and some signs that a positive result (ie a win) might be coming? MM seems to be trying a few different things, but as I read it we still can’t score or defend and we still pass back way too often. That’s most likely a confidence thing .. right? A win would make an absolutely huge difference I think. How the hell do we get one??

Well done Shrimpet steve. You have been great so far, I find it funny. But these are dark times for everyone and for Southend fans it makes it all seem worse. Not many zoners will find it as amusing as me.

Reactions: GBJ
They also spent time in what is now the premier league.

The good people of Luton also burned down their town hall when they weren't happy with the council. Long time ago now but might have helped speed up the new stadium decision.

Who agrees? if akinola,john white and alan maccormack dont make any difference to results then molsley has to then take some of the blame ? Its a results business and we arent getting any and the buck stops with the manager.

Not me.

White was already here.

McCormack (apparently) was a Ron signing. Even if that isn't true then I doubt a has been like him would have been MM's first choice. The fact that he's only contracted until Jan speaks volumes.

You, yourself have been singing Akinola's praises and saying he should be playing even though he's been injured. If it turns out that he's not the messiah then you're as wrong as everyone else.

Not me.

White was already here.

McCormack (apparently) was a Ron signing. Even if that isn't true then I doubt a has been like him would have been MM's first choice. The fact that he's only contracted until Jan speaks volumes.

You, yourself have been singing Akinola's praises and saying he should be playing even though he's been injured. If it turns out that he's not the messiah then you're as wrong as everyone else.
I know john white was already here but how many games has he played in the league this season? Wouldn't u rather have him playing then say hobson or richard taylor or another youngster whos not quite cutting it? We need experience out there to turn this sinking ship around.Of course i want akinola to play,we signed him as our main new striker to hopfully get the goals we need to win games and points.Im not saying hes going to be our messiah but im sure hes going to be better then what we have.

I know john white was already here but how many games has he played in the league this season? Wouldn't u rather have him playing then say hobson or richard taylor or another youngster whos not quite cutting it? We need experience out there to turn this sinking ship around.Of course i want akinola to play,we signed him as our main new striker to hopfully get the goals we need to win games and points.Im not saying hes going to be our messiah but im sure hes going to be better then what we have.
But John White has been injured! This makes no sense!

Totally irrelevant to the argument you put forward, and the argument I was replying to. You do like to move the goalposts...

We used to hear with Sol how ‘performances were improving’ and ‘fitness is improving’ even though results weren’t. I haven’t seen the last 2 games so can anyone who has done outline whether there’s starting to be some improvements and some signs that a positive result (ie a win) might be coming? MM seems to be trying a few different things, but as I read it we still can’t score or defend and we still pass back way too often. That’s most likely a confidence thing .. right? A win would make an absolutely huge difference I think. How the hell do we get one??

Its hard to tell , Oldham never asked many questions of us like Salford did but yet again we concede 2 very cheap and preventable goals , so in that respect no we havent improved ......we have carried the same mindset from League 1 into League 2 and still getting punished .

I saw nothing in the final 3rd that got me off my seat or excited, in fact if fans were in the stadium Im sure the atmosphere would be flat as there are no big tackles , no pressing , no tempo and no beating a man or general moments of flare .

Instead we move the ball from one side of the pitch to the other and into the wide midfielders who have 2 banks of 4 in front of them , so they check back and play back and across the pitch to the other wide man who in turn still have 2 banks of 4 in front .

We then get pressed and generally lose possession .

We still look nervy at every cross that comes in and you get the fear factor every corner or free kick , GK and 2 CB's are not commanding enough .

I'd say perhaps Taylor or Clifford would make it into the squad we last had that got us out of league 2 and we are pinning our hopes on a player who's never played for us yet , a 36 year old and a player who divided opinion among supporters .

We concede late in games which is a sign of fatigue or poor fitness levels .

Id welcome someone with a different view to mine to give their thoughts on the positives we have made since last season

Back