• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What happens if results dont improve

loads of zone posters were busy busy busy telling us how good he was and now they are either out if sight or making excuses ....

he was given a job managing a football club -

he is a lovely bloke but the job is not going well and maybe hes not right for it .

loads of zone posters were busy busy busy telling us how good he was and now they are either out if sight or making excuses ....

he is a lovely bloke but the job is not going well and maybe hes not right for it .

For the love of God, please, tell me what it is about the fact that he came into a club on his knees and isn't being given the tools to turn it around that you don't understand?

I'm all for differing opinions, but this is just stone cold fact.

couldn't agree more, it was good tonight wasn't it? Like you I can clearly see these tactics working, weve got a team full or warriors who are clearly up for a dog fight. Im happy with the way we are
playing
the intensity
the system
the style
the game plan

couldn't agree more buddy!! role on next week, where I hope once more we improve game on game
What on earth are you talking about? I didn’t say anything positive about MM or that we’re improving. I said that our players aren’t even National League level, I’m amazed that you think these players are good enough, they can’t even make simple passes, shoot, or control the ball properly. What do you think a new manager is going to be able to do with that?

I’m still here - and this still isn’t MM’s mess.

People talking about him being too nice and trying to run us like an under-23’s team have forgotten he achieved a double promotion at Weymouth. He’s achieved at senior level already.

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a million times. There’s many people to blame for us being rooted to the bottom of the football league and Molesley isn’t at the top of that list.

Don’t pick the said individuals .....been saying for weeks we are vulnerable down Elvis side and he never cuts crosses out but agin we pick him and again the goal comes from some weak defending by him to allow his man to cross ....twice .
Dieng and Lennon aren’t strong enough and do not win their individual battles , a terrible CB pairing . Those 3 have a 5% win ratio at this club and it shows in their confidence and decision making
You’ve nailed it. There’s a culture of failure running through this squad and amongst the younger ones scarred by last season (now this one). They’re mentally finished. They’ve got nothing left. Dieng, Lennon, Oxley, Elvis, I’d drop the lot but who’s there to step in?! An unfit Macca? Akinola who people expect to step in and bang in 15 goals? A patched up JW? I’d say Demi is the only one who’s unaffected by what’s gone on the last 2 seasons. The rest of the “senior” players are shellshocked and it’s costing us badly. Not sure what the answer is.

For the love of God, please, tell me what it is about the fact that he came into a club on his knees and isn't being given the tools to turn it around that you don't understand?

I'm all for differing opinions, but this is just stone cold fact.
regardless of what tools he has, and how he found the club, it still doesn't detract from the fact he is not good enough is he? he has made absolutely no impact at all , and I am going to say it confidently , we are going backwards, we are worse now than we were at the start of the season, god only knows what the score would have been if we faced Harrogate today,... Nice Guy/Good Manager, who knows, who cares? but regardless of what he has had to put up with, he hasn't left even a scratch of positive impact on the club . Hand on heart do you really think this style of football at this slow pace is going to get us out of a dog fight to remain in the football league? I seem to remember David Webbs signings didn't cost to much money, and all came from 1st division reserve teams... two very different style's of managers and two very different styles of performance, I know which I would rather be watching over the next 5 months

I’m still here - and this still isn’t MM’s mess.

People talking about him being too nice and trying to run us like an under-23’s team have forgotten he achieved a double promotion at Weymouth. He’s achieved at senior level already.

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a million times. There’s many people to blame for us being rooted to the bottom of the football league and Molesley isn’t at the top of that list.

i think it was a poor appointment and another manager could be getting some results in our very very difficult situation -

i think his whole approach is unrealistic and egotistical

i think his team selection is wriong and his recruitment is wrong

his tactics have been poor - we are last

make the change sooner rather than later

Martin won’t sack him. We just have to face up to the fact that we will go down and take it on the chin
We are not the first league club to go none league and won’t be the last
You look at the conference now ,I would say 50 % of the teams are ex league

regardless of what tools he has, and how he found the club, it still doesn't detract from the fact he is not good enough is he? he has made absolutely no impact at all , and I am going to say it confidently , we are going backwards, we are worse now than we were at the start of the season, god only knows what the score would have been if we faced Harrogate today,... Nice Guy/Good Manager, who knows, who cares? but regardless of what he has had to put up with, he hasn't left even a scratch of positive impact on the club . Hand on heart do you really think this style of football at this slow pace is going to get us out of a dog fight to remain in the football league? I seem to remember David Webbs signings didn't cost to much money, and all came from 1st division reserve teams... two very different style's of managers and two very different styles of performance, I know which I would rather be watching over the next 5 months

How can you say he's not good enough? The state of affairs that he was walked into and the fact that we're only a handful of games into a season in which he has not been given adequate tools to change things exactly how he would like renders it impossible to make that strong a judgement call at the moment.

No, I don't think the way his chosen style is being executed will work. I want to see the football played higher up the pitch and with more zip, tempo and movement to it. But I'm not convinced that he is telling the players to execute his chosen style in the way they are executing it at the moment, and I don't feel that he has enough quality in his squad to make a success of it nor to change it.

What on earth are you talking about? I didn’t say anything positive about MM or that we’re improving. I said that our players aren’t even National League level, I’m amazed that you think these players are good enough, they can’t even make simple passes, shoot, or control the ball properly. What do you think a new manager is going to be able to do with that?
are you on the crack pipe ?? why you picking on me wilson

i think it was a poor appointment and another manager could be getting some results in our very very difficult situation -

i think his whole approach is unrealistic and egotistical

i think his team selection is wriong and his recruitment is wrong

his tactics have been poor - we are last

make the change sooner rather than later

I would agree if MM had the same backing as previous managers. If we weren’t under an embargo and MM had freedom to go out, offer decent contracts to whoever he wanted and have them sitting on the doorstep the next day.

The MM out fan club really need to be a bit more realistic and cast their attention away from the pitch and look at what’s happening with the club. We’re a basket case of a club. Can’t pay our tax bill, can’t pay the players and on a downward spiral.

How many fans said before the start of the season that finishing 22nd would be a massive achievement? What’s changed?

We’ve essentially given MM the world’s the biggest **** and asked him to polish it. It’s not going to happen quickly, if at all. So the fact it isn’t glistening after 9 games still doesn’t make me want him gone. Another manager will come in and be dealt the exact same **** hand.

How can you say he's not good enough? The state of affairs that he was walked into and the fact that we're only a handful of games into a season in which he has not been given adequate tools to change things exactly how he would like renders it impossible to make that strong a judgement call at the moment.

No, I don't think the way his chosen style is being executed will work. I want to see the football played higher up the pitch and with more zip, tempo and movement to it. But I'm not convinced that he is telling the players to execute his chosen style in the way they are executing it at the moment, and I don't feel that he has enough quality in his squad to make a success of it nor to change it.
ok hes good enough... plenty good enough. I must be watching something else to you

ok hes good enough... plenty good enough. I must be watching something else to you

You're watching the worst team in the football league. It is not the worst team in the football league by accident, it has been four years in crafting. And if it was Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Steve Tilson, Mark Molesley or Jesus Christ the Saviour in the dugout, it would still be the worst football team in the football league. You can't reverse four years of wilful neglect in two months.

I would agree if MM had the same backing as previous managers. If we weren’t under an embargo and MM had freedom to go out, offer decent contracts to whoever he wanted and have them sitting on the doorstep the next day.

The MM out fan club really need to be a bit more realistic and cast their attention away from the pitch and look at what’s happening with the club. We’re a basket case of a club. Can’t pay our tax bill, can’t pay the players and on a downward spiral.

How many fans said before the start of the season that finishing 22nd would be a massive achievement? What’s changed?

We’ve essentially given MM the world’s the biggest **** and asked him to polish it. It’s not going to happen quickly, if at all. So the fact it isn’t glistening after 9 games still doesn’t make me want him gone. Another manager will come in and be dealt the exact same **** hand.

if he can't polish a **** sack him and get someone in who can ....

Back