• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What happens if results dont improve

I can answer the opening question very succinctly - if there are two clubs worse or unluckier than us or fail to survive then we achieve 22nd or better - and only the most deluded at the beginning of the season didn't have that as our aim. It's never going to be enjoyable and we are having to watch from a distance, non league isn't the end of a club, it just makes the mountain to climb back up higher.

I can answer the opening question very succinctly - if there are two clubs worse or unluckier than us or fail to survive then we achieve 22nd or better - and only the most deluded at the beginning of the season didn't have that as our aim. It's never going to be enjoyable and we are having to watch from a distance, non league isn't the end of a club, it just makes the mountain to climb back up higher.
Its a bit early to be talking about non league dont u think? We can still turn this around with a new manager and our returning crocks.

FWIW,I'd imagine he'll keep his job until Xmas assuming we're still under embargo at that tme.
if he can't polish a **** sack him and get someone in who can ....
. How about Paul Clarke and Tilly they could not be worse

Its a bit early to be talking about non league dont u think? We can still turn this around with a new manager and our returning crocks.
Realistically we have a 50/50 chance of staying in this division I would say, only two of 24 go down but, as things stand, personally I can't see 2 sides worse than us over 46 games but we are only a fifth of the way into the season so who knows. I doubt you can actually bet on us being relegated already though....

Reactions: RHB
Realistically we have a 50/50 chance of staying in this division I would say, only two of 24 go down but, as things stand, personally I can't see 2 sides worse than us over 46 games but we are only a fifth of the way into the season so who knows. I doubt you can actually bet on us being relegated already though....

There is also the risk of us entering into administration this season which means an automatic 12 points deduction.

I agree ron is mainley to blame,but molsley brought in some of these players and they was his choice.Molsley sets up the team the formation and style of play.The manager is always the first one to take the blame and always will be.If we loose again Saturday will u still be behind this manager?

Let's say we do sack MM.

Let's even say we manage to bring someone else in.

If, 10 games on, we still haven't won any games, do we sack him as well? And his replacement if things still don't change? Changing managers works if you have essentially decent players not performing, or a manager that is clearly playing the wrong system, not picking the best players, etc.

Managers have to be given time. Molesley is very highly thought of and both he and his team work tirelessly. I have heard the players are very positive about what he is trying to achieve.

It will come good, of that I'm certain. Eventually. Kicking him and his team out is not the right solution at all.

The last second goal conceded at home to Exeter was an absolute hammer blow. The late Oldham winner tonight equally so. As Paul Clark said on the radio, it is heartbreaking at the moment.

Personally I have never felt more downhearted than I have tonight and I fear that this will only get worse, possibly culminating in yet another giant killing by Boreham Wood. Any sort of win looks so far away at present.

But one day we will get that monkey off our back. One day the embargo will be lifted. One day we will have a team to be proud of again.

That day isn't going to be brought any closer by sacking MM.

Of course, if the judge gets out of bed the wrong side tomorrow it may all be irrelevant anyway. But I don't think that will happen.

Last edited:
Let's say we do sack MM.

Let's even say we manage to bring someone else in.

If, 10 games on, we still haven't won any games, do we sack him as well? And his replacement if things still don't change? Changing managers works if you have essentially decent players not performing, or a manager that is clearly playing the wrong system, not picking the best players, etc.

Managers have to be given time. Molesley is very highly thought of both he and his team work tirelessly. I have heard the players are very positive about what he is trying to achieve.

It will come good, of that I'm certain. Eventually. Kicking him and his team out is not the right solution at all.

The last second goal conceded at home to Exeter was an absolute hammer blow. The late Oldham winner tonight equally so. As Paul Clark said on the radio, it is heartbreaking at the moment.

Personally I have never felt more downhearted than I have tonight and I fear that this will only get worse, possibly culminating in yet another giant killing by Boreham Wood. Any sort of win looks so far away at present.

But one day we will get that monkey off our back. One day the embargo will be lifted. One day we will have a team to be proud of again.

That day isn't going to be brought any closer by sacking MM.

Of course, if the judge gets out of bed the wrong side tomorrow it may all be irrelevant anyway. But I don't think that will happen.
So u think mm can keep loosing games and still keep his job?

There is also the risk of us entering into administration this season which means an automatic 12 points deduction.
I do think if we are hit with points deduction we won't be the only club, if that makes sense, but yes,, point well made

Haven't we already got a points deduction that was delayed until December?

I fear we won't even be put into administration. We have no real assets that we can sell off.

So u think mm can keep loosing games and still keep his job?

imo we should wait until after the HMRC court meeting to discuss whether sacking the manager is a good idea, because all this arguing would be for nought if the club doesn't exist anymore after Wednesday.

Haven't we already got a points deduction that was delayed until December?

I fear we won't even be put into administration. We have no real assets that we can sell off.

We still have the academy, not sure how much of an asset that is in the bigger picture.

Moslesy seems like an intelligent well respected guy, you would think he would Walk at some point if this carries on? He’s clearly not a Mercenary and clearly wants to do his best, but he looks like a well beaten man in his interviews, he’s living in a hotel away from his family ... I’m sure at some point he will say thank you but no thank you ...

Moslesy seems like an intelligent well respected guy, you would think he would Walk at some point if this carries on? He’s clearly not a Mercenary and clearly wants to do his best, but he looks like a well beaten man in his interviews, he’s living in a hotel away from his family ... I’m sure at some point he will say thank you but no thank you ...

I don't think he's going to be giving up that easily. He's a tough character who has been given a big chance. He was a key part of that Bournemouth side that was dead and buried at Christmas with a -18 point deduction and stayed up. He's not going to be quitting when he's not been given a chance to put his stamp on things.

As miserable as things are right now, it's a long season and the pandemic has a few surprises up its sleeve. I think the aim for MM has to be to be in touch with 22nd place come January and hope Ron sorts out the embargo in time for him to actually have a fair opportunity bring in some quality rather than having to shuffle players in and out and find loopholes in the system.

That said, I bet he's sick of being shoved in front of a camera after every depressing defeat. Not to mention being let down by his senior professionals like he was again tonight.

Back