• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What happens to Season Cards?

Newms

Midfield
Hello everyone,

I dont suppose anybody knows what happens to our season tickets if the suspended games are completely wiped out?

Do we get money back, money off of next year? I’ve absolutely no idea..

10% discount in the club shop up to the value of £1

I can't see what would happen hopefully Ron has been paying an insurance policy with no later payments do might get something back from that.

I would of thought that the folk with current season cards will get vouchers for next season to cover the games you’ve lost, I can’t see the club giving money back as they ain’t got any and it will soon add up, or either I can see the club offering next seasons card at a discounted price to make up for the games lost.

I think if the games are played behind closed doors, then free ifollow. If they aren’t, then no idea.

How many games did we have left? 5?, so about 20% or £75

This thing really is beyond the control of clubs or anyone else.

I don’t think TV companies should be demanding money back from clubs/leagues or fans from clubs on that basis. TV companies would harm clubs, and in some ways worse so will clubs own fans..

Clubs are desperate to survive, are financially challenged- I imagine fans expecting money back will feel like the ultimate kick in the teeth.,

Plus the Bury game ?
So could be £90 and I have that X 3 I’d be happy to take a discount on next seasons though

Hadn't given this any thought personally. Don't give a **** about getting my money back, club can't afford to give it back so I wouldn't ask anyway and bottom line nearly 13000 people have lost their lives to this virus with many more to follow, puts it all in perspective, that's more people than can fit in to Roots Hall....

Surely football clubs should be able to apply to the business compensation scheme to refund/discount next season, for their customers who have already paid.

Not expecting and nor do I want any money back. What would be nice is if we could be given some free cup games if they're back next year, or maybe some free ifollow on any appropriate games.

More pertinent to me is what about the sponsors who've paid out on the basis of a whole season? I very much hope there will be some reduced sponsorship deals on offer for next season when they are able to release this information.

Surely football clubs should be able to apply to the business compensation scheme to refund/discount next season, for their customers who have already paid.

Which business compensation scheme? Not sure I have seen anything that could apply specifically to the issue of season tickets?

In the end however we try and represent it I think anything that = discounts for next season or refunds on this = moneys taken away from the club. On season tickets I would hope supporters would be not expecting refunds (except of course if that were covered by a specific scheme funding that, so the club is not hit in the pocket). On advertising/sponsorship I think every case may be a little different, and may be win wins can be found- all be it I guess to an extent the same principle applies. Of course some sponsors allegiance to the club may be more commercially driven than that of supporters, and hence that might necessitate some pain for the club.

If you paid on a credit card, could you get the money back from the card company?
Or a debit card from chargeback??

Not that its likely I would try if it affects the club, but if not, its a way to subsidise next years season ticket without the club being affected.

there must be someone on here that will know the rules regarding this.....

My Question is I bought a ticket for the Rotherham United away game in March, that was cancelled or put off. I bought it in the Southend United Ticket Office, but presume it would have gone up to Rotherham. Not asked for it back yet. Not bothered if my money stays with the Blues, but if it does not will probably get it back but from where.!!

I'd like to see a venn-diagram of those complaining about Sol suing Macclesfield and those wanting refunds on their season tickets.

How Ron must rue not getting those season ticket applications out for next year earlier.

Back