• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What happens to Season Cards?

I'd like to see a venn-diagram of those complaining about Sol suing Macclesfield and those wanting refunds on their season tickets.

How Ron must rue not getting those season ticket applications out for next year earlier.
That’s gonna be interesting as and when season cards go on sale, how much and if they will be considerably a lot lower in sales due to the goings on over the last few weeks.

My Question is I bought a ticket for the Rotherham United away game in March, that was cancelled or put off. I bought it in the Southend United Ticket Office, but presume it would have gone up to Rotherham. Not asked for it back yet. Not bothered if my money stays with the Blues, but if it does not will probably get it back but from where.!!
Away ticket money would go the the home team - so in this case Rotherham.
I image Ipswich have quite a lot of money from us.

It’s gone very quiet no news of note coming from Ron or anyone. Maybe nothing is happening maybe lack of information suggests financial problems are casting a gloom over RH. Or could it be that Ron is not too concerned because he has found some backing in the light of the recent developments at Fossets?

It’s gone very quiet no news of note coming from Ron or anyone. Maybe nothing is happening maybe lack of information suggests financial problems are casting a gloom over RH. Or could it be that Ron is not too concerned because he has found some backing in the light of the recent developments at Fossets?
Well March wages got paid so some money appeared from somewhere

I've just read through the various posts on this subject and I was a bit surprised that nobody really wants their money back. Ok, a lot say knock £100 or whatever it works out to off their season card.

Fair enough, but what about those like myself who won't be getting a season ticket for the next season? I've not seen a quarter of the games I've paid in advance for, plus I have Ipswich tickets I have paid for.

Considering we are unlikely to go back to normal football view until next year, I don't think I am being unreasonable in wanting a refund from our wealthy Chairman!

I hadn’t even thought about it I have 2 season cards but for me, like football in general despite my job, there are for more important things that money. there are 31,000 dead people in the Uk and that is going to increase that far outweighs my need to think bout my season card

I hadn’t even thought about it I have 2 season cards but for me, like football in general despite my job, there are for more important things that money. there are 31,000 dead people in the Uk and that is going to increase that far outweighs my need to think bout my season card

Of course, but thinking long term, especially if my job came to an end. Its not something I think about a lot, as don't come on here that often. I was quite surprised considering the last post on here was 16/04/20 and things have changed a lot since.

I would of thought that the folk with current season cards will get vouchers for next season to cover the games you’ve lost, I can’t see the club giving money back as they ain’t got any and it will soon add up, or either I can see the club offering next seasons card at a discounted price to make up for the games lost.

I got an extremly carefully worded statement from Espanyol (as a season card holder) which more or less amounted to this, last week.Though officially the season is set to resume here in June.Clearly it won't (nor will it in the UK).

I don’t actually desperately need the money back BUT I’ve got family who are struggling to pay they’re bills etc , so if it were a choice of in their pocket or SUFC (Ron’s) then I’m afraid I know which way I’d go.

I don’t actually desperately need the money back BUT I’ve got family who are struggling to pay they’re bills etc , so if it were a choice of in their pocket or SUFC (Ron’s) then I’m afraid I know which way I’d go.

Its a tricky one to be sorted later, but if it came to it, I'd have no problem in demanding my money back. I also have a pair of Ipswich tickets too.

The Cliffs Pavilion/Pavilion have acted quicker, by re-scheduling some dates or offering vouchers. I know its slightly different, but as these are likely to be cancelled again. The vouchers, I have asked for my money back, as the event is cancelled.

The big questions will be asked if the season is officially cancelled in the next week or two. I can't see that Ron will be sending season ticket forms out straight afterwards.

Its a tricky one to be sorted later, but if it came to it, I'd have no problem in demanding my money back. I also have a pair of Ipswich tickets too.

The Cliffs Pavilion/Pavilion have acted quicker, by re-scheduling some dates or offering vouchers. I know its slightly different, but as these are likely to be cancelled again. The vouchers, I have asked for my money back, as the event is cancelled.

The big questions will be asked if the season is officially cancelled in the next week or two.
I can't see that Ron will be sending season ticket forms out straight afterwards.

Yeah, I had tickets for The Fureys at the Palace last weekend.Won't be able to make the mid-week rescheduled show in September (which as you say is highly likely to be postponed again,if not cancelled this time) .Quite happy to use the vouchers though if there's anything decent on when I am able to come over next.

Imagine we're due to hear something on the football in the next week or so.

Last edited:
If, as seems likely, the physical attending of a game of footie, by paying Joe Public, is going to be a highly sought after, and restricted ticket. So does that mean the pricing structure will be adjusted according to a seat's new scarcity value?
With no away supporters could Roots Hall have a home, distancing, top attendance of 3000?
If so would it be likely that season ticket holders would be the only way for live viewing?

The big questions will be asked if the season is officially cancelled in the next week or two. I can't see that Ron will be sending season ticket forms out straight afterwards.

It’s easier for a comedian or band to reschedule their gig. They can just change it to 6 months or a year later. Until the EFL make a decision on what’s happening with this season the club are stuck in limbo. I’m sure once the EFL pull their finger out then the club will sort something. I’d like to hope they have already looked at all the options but this is Southend United.

If, as seems likely, the physical attending of a game of footie, by paying Joe Public, is going to be a highly sought after, and restricted ticket. So does that mean the pricing structure will be adjusted according to a seat's new scarcity value?
With no away supporters could Roots Hall have a home, distancing, top attendance of 3000?
If so would it be likely that season ticket holders would be the only way for live viewing?
I for one as s season ticket holder would not be there . Until this virus is defeated there is no guarantee that 3000 would be safe . Why the EFL are unable to bite the bullet and call it off is beyond me. To try and complete the season with half baked suggestions do not make sense as it is not football as we know it.

Has anyone tried to get their money back on an away ticket purchase? If so, any response from the club?

There is zero chance of any of us seeing an away game at Ips hite or wherever this season. Like others have said, if the money stayed with our club then I'd be less inclined to seek my money back, but the last place I'd want a 'gift' to go to would be the Tractor persons. It's money 'gone' now as far as I'm concerned, but if I can get it back and redirect it to what I consider to be a more worthy cause (which in this case is anything) then I will look to do so

It’s easier for a comedian or band to reschedule their gig. They can just change it to 6 months or a year later. Until the EFL make a decision on what’s happening with this season the club are stuck in limbo. I’m sure once the EFL pull their finger out then the club will sort something. I’d like to hope they have already looked at all the options but this is Southend United.

Not necessarily true. Yes in maybe a years time. A lot of gigs go on sale at least 12 months or so in advance. You have to reschedule an entire tour of 40 odd dates, as some of these tours are, is anything but easy. You need to to tie with other venues and make sure your not in Scotland one night, south coast the next and the north of England the next. It’s a few more dates to organise than the remainder of this season. Even the one off John Motson evening at the Palace Theatre has to wait until it’s safe for someone in the at risk category.

It’s tough for everybody out there and no easy answer. For the record, I worked out that I had £300 worth of unusable or rescheduled tickets, not including the season ticket balance.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect refunds on paper tickets purchased - home or away, but don't understand how anyone can seriously expect any refund on their season ticket.

Having said that, the ticket office is closed and the staff furloughed so there's not going to be anyone there to process anything anyway, and I suspect the away clubs are in pretty much the same boat.

Season ticket reduction in Price for League two -£30

Discount for unused games from 2019/20 - £70

Increase in season ticket for inflation and back dated increase from the season before £40

Increase in season ticket for being in league one again £60

Simples. Stays the same price!

Back