• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What happens to Season Cards?

Scunthorpe United are issuing season tickets already. My neighbours have brought their usual two even though they have no idea when they will be able to use them!

Luton have also sold 2000 plus despite not even knowing what division they will be in if and when next season begins.

What would happen if with social distancing and a massive reduction in seating that season ticket holders was more than seating?

What would happen if with social distancing and a massive reduction in seating that season ticket holders was more than seating?
For me a large part of the problem would be getting people seated in order that they are not doing regular "excuse me" and shuffles up and along rows. It is hard enough in normal days, especially as so many want to arrive at 14.59pm ish.

For me a large part of the problem would be getting people seated in order that they are not doing regular "excuse me" and shuffles up and along rows. It is hard enough in normal days, especially as so many want to arrive at 14.59pm ish.
Good point and equally exciting the ground some wouldn't get out before 6pm.

Good point and equally exciting the ground some wouldn't get out before 6pm.
With no away fans then Policing ought to be less expensive and minimal.
The use of the track around the pitch so people could get in and out might help, plus seating by time and rotation but it would need a lot of thought and patience.

I think I saw that Orient have sold over 800 season tickets. I think it's absolutely right that we aren't trying to sell any until we know for absolute certainty which division we're in.

They blokes in front of us who turn up at 14.59 and leave at 16.40 and suffer from serious bladder problems in between would be struggling to comply.

Trouble is a lot of these season cards would of been sold in the early bird price range in early March so there is always gonna be cards sold.

Why wouldn't we expect a refund on this seasons season ticket.I fully expect and would demand a refund.The club have no right to not refund season ticket and match ticket holders.

I don't believe there has ever been a less useless season card than this seasons at sufc

We end up losing the Bury game. Then the rest of the home games, which were quite big games. I have only seen 1 win.

This seasons card was pointless

I'm sure seats could be removed, hence solving the "excuse me mate" problem and applying a social distancing solution

Don't understand that. Capacity over 9,000.
Obviously a joke but with social distancing 800 would not fit in the ground as with Roots Hall with only 1 out of 25 seats being used.
Maybe less?but would be more than just 1 seat all around and who would re configure seating?
Not viable anyhow!(until a vaccine can't see it).

On the no 9 bus at lunchtime there was a keen supporter with his Blues baseball cap with the peak at the back (never seen that type in the club shop!) explaining to his mate that there will be 3 empty seats between supporters and that every other row will be kept empty. When he got off at the White Horse in Southchurch his mate let the whole bus know that Hugh Jarce knows people. I'm not sure who was winding who up but I just loved the name!!

I've just read through the various posts on this subject and I was a bit surprised that nobody really wants their money back. Ok, a lot say knock £100 or whatever it works out to off their season card.

Fair enough, but what about those like myself who won't be getting a season ticket for the next season? I've not seen a quarter of the games I've paid in advance for, plus I have Ipswich tickets I have paid for.

Considering we are unlikely to go back to normal football view until next year, I don't think I am being unreasonable in wanting a refund from our wealthy Chairman!
Agree.
What is unreasonable about wanting a refund after you've paid for something that hasn't been delivered? Personally, if it was offered I would tell the club to keep it for all the reasons already stated, but to just say nothing and trouser the money would be Ron-ness at its worst.

AFC Wimbledon have asked fans to waive their right to a refund, but understand that fans may request one in the current climate. They have until sometime in early June to request it.

Ron must be getting worried now the season is over.

Back