• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What happens to Season Cards?

FIFTY-ONE per cent of Southend United’s season card holders are willing to let the club keep money owed from matches that did not take place.

More...

Reading Echo content

That statement is not true: it should say 51% of those surveyed. Not all Season Cards holders were asked!! Me included.
Typical false statements from the Echo

How much of a refund are we due ?...lost track and the will to live over the last few weeks.
The cost of a new ST is still very much an unknown ......till we know if we can actually sit in the stands.A financial advisor would tell you to take the refund and run!

Think it will all come down to the individual so needs to be flexible, everyone's circumstances will be different.
Several different scenarios that will fit lots of STH's and will probably influence their thinking:-

1. Carried on working as able to work from home, probably still on full pay, not spent on travel to work or on anything much socially. Probable net gain financially, possibly quite happy to waive refund.

2. Carried on working and travelling normally as an essential worker, again not spending much socially. Possible net gain financially from lower social spend, possibly waive refund.

3. Those on fixed income, such as a pension, who don't work. No gain from no travel, again, lower social spend. Possible net gain financially so possible waive refund

4. Furloughed, same or lower income, lower social spend, no travel cost. Probably about break even, maybe loss, maybe slight net gain, may consider waive refund, may not depending on circumstance.

5. Those made redundant, self employed with no grants, small businesses with fixed overhead exceeding any grant available, or any other scenario with no support. Potentially stuffed financially, desperate for anything they can get back. Almost certainly need refund.

6. Those who think we didn't get our money's worth with this scheissesturm of a season and feel we're owed a refund anyway.

Personally, I'd be happy to waive but maybe a few complimentary iFollow sessions for some of the away games next season or a voucher in the club shop wouldn't go amiss as a thank you.
Everyone's circumstances and feelings will be different so something as flexible as possible would be welcome.

My neighbour is a Spammer ST holder, he has been told he can get money refund or have it off next season's cost.
If he takes money now Spam have said he might not be able to renew his ticket or get seat of choice. He isn't too bothered but is a bit miffed by their manners.
And he can't get concessions ticket until he is 65 where as at the Hall I believe it is 60?

It would be nice for all ST to have a choice,personally it would ok for me to have a reduction on next years ticket simple transaction for the club to administer.But agree some fans might need the cash

My neighbour is a Spammer ST holder, he has been told he can get money refund or have it off next season's cost.
If he takes money now Spam have said he might not be able to renew his ticket or get seat of choice. He isn't too bothered but is a bit miffed by their manners.
And he can't get concessions ticket until he is 65 where as at the Hall I believe it is 60?

Meanwhile, Spurs are refunding all match tickets and will offer either a refund on unused matches on a seadon ticket or pro rater reduction next year.

Meanwhile I note the lower end of the Scottish league have reduced their season by a third and eyeing a start date of mid October.

Can't see us starting before then so I doubt we'll fit in a 46 game season next year given Euro 2021 will dictate when the seadon ends.

Meanwhile, Spurs are refunding all match tickets and will offer either a refund on unused matches on a seadon ticket or pro rater reduction next year.

Meanwhile I note the lower end of the Scottish league have reduced their season by a third and eyeing a start date of mid October.

Can't see us starting before then so I doubt we'll fit in a 46 game season next year given Euro 2021 will dictate when the seadon ends.
Mores likely we will remove a cup competition in my view.

As for season tickets there has t be an offer with some choices, club have no option

Spurs also took out a £175m loan due to Covid-19. They will now get further income from the games being played now in the Prem.

We have no income, we had no money before and can’t afford to pay the players. I understand people want their money back as I do with my cancelled flight from EasyJet. It’s not going to be a quick process.

Fair points, and I hope, and with their poor showing I know it is implausible, that the EFL have considered the late start of the League date and consider binning the JPT or whatever it is called, unless there is a sponsor, and having fixture flexibility so that clubs can fit in Tuesday and Saturday games through the whole season so there will be very few gash possible dates. Clubs may not want to do quick "swops" but there ought to be a way to work it out IF the will is there?

Mores likely we will remove a cup competition in my view.

As for season tickets there has t be an offer with some choices, club have no option

I’m sure the wisest offer that will and should be made,will be a calculated reduction on the 2020-21 season ticket prices,whatever they are.
That would restrict losses because some s.t. holders won’t want or won’t be able to renew,while many others would decline the offer and pay up in full.
No point in trying to offer things that most wouldn’t want anyway ,such as shirts and i-follow.

I’m sure the wisest offer that will and should be made,will be a calculated reduction on the 2020-21 season ticket prices,whatever they are.
That would restrict losses because some s.t. holders won’t want or won’t be able to renew,while many others would decline the offer and pay up in full.
No point in trying to offer things that most wouldn’t want anyway ,such as shirts and i-follow.
Personally I would take a credit for the club store, I follow I’m indifferent about but as i say a store credit or off next ST is fine for me. It wont work for everyone but then nothing does in the Covid football era

A season ticket for our 2019/20 season must represent one of the worst value season tickets of all time, with only two home wins all season! Compounded by Coronavirus and relegation to League Two, I can imagine season ticket sales being the lowest for many years when spectator football eventually returns.

Not sure that would be the case. I think i-follow would appeal to a lot of people who wanted to see the team but reluctant to return to Roots Hall for a while.

Not sure that would be the case. I think i-follow would appeal to a lot of people who wanted to see the team but reluctant to return to Roots Hall for a while.
I dont think I follow will be available in the UK once fans are allowed back in the stadiums, just a personal guess

Not as miffed as I am by my club's total silence on the question....

Back