• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What Happens

turkishm

Director
With time gradualy ticking awayon the date we have to have started at FF, which i believe is June, what happens then, if we are not on site. Where does Ron go then, start all over again, will Sainsburys wait while that happens, or pull the plug on us, moneywise. I am really worried that admin might be just around the corner, if this June date is not met.

Yep the planning permission for the whole FF development expires on the 1st July & has been discussed before its not just about being on site, a certain amount of work has to have started by this date. What is unclear is if this date can actually be extended, judging by the panic a short while ago to amend the plans to not include the West Stand of the new ground you would have thought that may not have been done if it was easy to extend the PP date.

Everything with RM is left until the last minute (or later, or even never!) so it would not suprise me to see the fencing & work to start on the last possible date. However I have a feeling that any work that does start will be on the Retail development and not actually on the Stadium. I thought there was a clause in place in the planning permission to make sure work on the Stadium starts at the same time? But I'm sure RM can find a way around that little problem.

If the Planning Permission date passes and no work has started or the date not extended, then I believe the whole process has to start again which could involve another Public Enquiry. This could add another 4-5 years onto the whole development.

Anyone on here got any idea if and how planning permission deadlines can be extended?

I find that very worrying. If the money is in place from Sainsburys to build the three sided stadium, i dont understand the hold up, unless Martin has to cough up a certain amount of cash also.

I noticed that last week that a 'newt fence' was started along the East Boundary, although they didnt seem to get far. These have to go up prior to building work so that rare reptiles can be caught and 'relocated'.

Back