• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What has gone wrong?

I think we DID have a good system but it hasn't worked for many games now. Bridge isn't a left wing-back, opponents have shut him down, and in recent games he's not been the asset he was earlier in the season. He clearly needs taking out of the firing line for a couple of games. Equally which ever 3 we play in midfield, it doesn't gel. I also think some players - for example Shaun Hobson - play better in a 4 than a 5.

If a new manager took over here, he'd shut it down, set us up very solid, and play for a 1 goal win. I think, after umpteen defeats, we should be thinking the same. I'd go a straight 4-4-2 with :

Keeper
Demetriou, Hobson, Lomas, Clifford
Scott Morris, Taylor, Miley, Ralph
Cardwell, Hyde

If Hyde isn't fit, I'd probably put Dan Mooney in as his movement is good.

Subs, Keeper, Kensdale, Bridge, Fonguck, Mooney (or Powell)

That's going to need to be tinkered with as the game goes on because JD and Hyde probably can't last 90 minutes. But you're then in a formation that you could keep solid, or open up if the game requires it.

Is that the royal We ORM, but its not a problem for Boring Wood they don't score many either although we've now conceded more than them so fine margins and all that.
It won’t come us much of a surprise to my former SZFC colleagues. Over 11 years in HK (still playing but now for Super Vets) zero goals. Off to Bangkok for a 7s tourney tomorrow. Unlikely to be playing, still recovering from mild ankle ligament damage. I’m earmarked for waterboy, team photographer and team doctor :Sorry::Sorry:

What's gone on with Clifford? Whilst Maher clearly doesn't fancy him, the squad has been thin enough at times this season for him to get into it more than he has. There must be more to his absence.
He's been on the bench a couple of times recently - but he's third choice in that left sided position - with Bridge and Ralph ahead of him - rightly so imho. So not surprising he's not making the match day squad very often.

Back