• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have I missed

DTS

The Business
Have been at World Cup for past 10 days with no internet access. My old man has done his best to keep me updated and so far I know

* Simon Francis has signed
* £70k bid for unnamed striker
* New Keeper from Yeovil.

Rather that read the 6 million threads since I left can someone give me an idea what else I have missed.

Cheers
DtS
kungfu.gif

We got another glamorous Pre Season friendly....
...At The Daggers

SUFC have apparently banned The Echo for an unknown reason.

Apart from that, nothing much. Tilson thinks capturing Francis will signal an influx of new signings, but said Influx hasn't started yet.

that's about it, isn't it? lots of not-entirely clear guff about the Echo, and a brief Tilly to Hull rumour without any legs, but otherwise you're pretty much in the loop.

We got another glamorous Pre Season friendly....
Bermuda (away)

The boys are going to Bermuda for a week & playing their national team & under 20's.  The Goat playing a half for each in the 1st game.

New sponsors called Insure & Go, who do mainly travel insurance and have just part relocated to Southend

New shirts back sonsors Haart estate agents.

Parky resigned at Culle Ewe, but the club refused to accept it.  Supposed to be going to Hull.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ June 19 2006,11:48)]We got another glamorous Pre Season friendly....
Bermuda (away)

The boys are going to Bermuda for a week & playing their national team & under 20's.  The Goat playing a half for each in the 1st game.

New sponsors called Insure & Go, who do mainly travel insurance and have just part relocated to Southend

New shirts back sonsors Haart estate agents.

Parky resigned at Culle Ewe, but the club refused to accept it.  Supposed to be going to Hull.
Do we know how much Insure and Go / Haarts have paid?

wow.gif

OK, here's the main news so far this close season:

*We've signed Simon Francis from Sheffield United - a real coup, he's a superb right back and can play across the defence & midfield. He's signed a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

* We've signed Steve Collis from Yeovil - a 6'4" keeper who provides proper compeition for Darryl. Collis is a really good young keeper, signed on a two-year deal - another great signing.

* We've signed a two-year shirt-sponsorship deal with Insure & Go, said to be the biggest in the club's history.

* We've signed a two-year shirt-back sponsorship deal with Haart, the Estate Agents.

* We're waiting for lots of current players to sign new deals with the club. Only Gower, Jay Smith and Flahavan, of the close-season re-signings, have put pen to paper (Barrett having done it before the end of the season), which means we're waiting for all of the following to extend their deals:

- Freddy
- Super Kev
- Wayne Gray (who rejected his initial deal)
- Spinner...? (not sure about whether he's still to sign or not)
- Bradders (definitely offered two years - but has he taken it up?)

The rest are already on deals, I think (Lewis, Che, Gutts, Mitch, JCR, Efe, Peanut)

* Definitely out of the door are Bart & The Goat, who retired; and Petts & the Eagle, who have been released. Notts County have been linked with Petts; the Eagle is (presumably) staying with Grays - who, incidentally, lost Stimmo - who has gone to be the manager at Stevenage.

And, on the managerial merry-go-round:

- Phil Parkinson has resigned from the Ewes and is favourite for the Hull job
- Peter Taylor has left Hull for Palace
- Ian Dowie left Palace for Charlton
- Paul Simpson has left Carlisle for Preston
- Billy Davies has left Preston for Derby
- Joe Royle left Ipswich who replaced him with Jim Magilton
- Gareth Southgate replaced Steve McLaren at Middlesbrough
- Keith Alexander left Lincoln for Peterborough

- and, in local non-league, Jeff King pulled out of Canvey completely. Canvey have elected to drop down three divisions to Ryman Division 1 North, whilst Jeff has taken over at Chelmsford City in the Ryman Premier. Expect the Clarets to make waves next season...

...and that's about it.

We haven't signed anyone else. The rumour mill has linked us, tentatively, to Yeovil's Matt Harold and Coventry's Andy Morrell in the strikers department... but the club has been much more adept at playing its cards close to its chest this close season - the rumour mill did not predict the arrival of either Francis or Collis.

And that's the round-up of news in your absence!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ June 19 2006,11:51)]Do we know how much Insure and Go / Haarts have paid?

wow.gif
It's the biggest deal in the club's history per reports.  Judging by the narky comment made by Geoff King on the Blues News video of the sponsorship announcement, the amount paid by Insure & Go may be the reason for the ruction between the club and the Echo.  I think the Echo said that it was around £200k per season?  But not sure. However I don't think they were supposed to release any figures.
rock.gif

Haart, no idea.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 19 2006,11:54)]OK, here's the main news so far this close season:

*We've signed Simon Francis from Sheffield United - a real coup, he's a superb right back and can play across the defence & midfield.  He's signed a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

* We've signed Steve Collis from Yeovil - a 6'4" keeper who provides proper compeition for Darryl.  Collis is a really good young keeper, signed on a two-year deal - another great signing.

* We've signed a two-year shirt-sponsorship deal with Insure & Go, said to be the biggest in the club's history.

* We've signed a two-year shirt-back sponsorship deal with Haart, the Estate Agents.

* We're waiting for lots of current players to sign new deals with the club.  Only Gower, Jay Smith and Flahavan, of the close-season re-signings, have put pen to paper (Barrett having done it before the end of the season), which means we're waiting for all of the following to extend their deals:

- Freddy
- Super Kev
- Wayne Gray (who rejected his initial deal)
- Spinner...? (not sure about whether he's still to sign or not)
- Bradders (definitely offered two years - but has he taken it up?)

The rest are already on deals, I think (Lewis, Che, Gutts, Mitch, JCR, Efe, Peanut)

* Definitely out of the door are Bart & The Goat, who retired; and Petts & the Eagle, who have been released.  Notts County have been linked with Petts; the Eagle is (presumably) staying with Grays - who, incidentally, lost Stimmo - who has gone to be the manager at Stevenage.

And, on the managerial merry-go-round:

- Phil Parkinson has resigned from the Ewes and is favourite for the Hull job
- Peter Taylor has left Hull for Palace
- Ian Dowie left Palace for Charlton
- Paul Simpson has left Carlisle for Preston
- Billy Davies has left Preston for Derby
- Joe Royle left Ipswich who replaced him with Jim Magilton
- Gareth Southgate replaced Steve McLaren at Middlesbrough
- Keith Alexander left Lincoln for Peterborough

- and, in local non-league, Jeff King pulled out of Canvey completely.  Canvey have elected to drop down three divisions to Ryman Division 1 North, whilst Jeff has taken over at Chelmsford City in the Ryman Premier.  Expect the Clarets to make waves next season...

...and that's about it.  

We haven't signed anyone else.  The rumour mill has linked us, tentatively, to Yeovil's Matt Harold and Coventry's Andy Morrell in the strikers department... but the club has been much more adept at playing its cards close to its chest this close season - the rumour mill did not predict the arrival of either Francis or Collis.

And that's the round-up of news in your absence!

smile.gif
Cracking news......Thanks

Will report back later today on my meeting my hero "Stan the Man" in Munich.

What a hero the man is.

laugh.gif

Short and to the point as always Matt!
biggrin.gif

On contracts Lewis, Bradbury & Maher are all said to have agreed deals which will be signed when they return from holiday. Captain Crab's offer includes provision for a testimonial at the end of the 2007/08 season. IIRC.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 19 2006,11:54)]* We've signed Steve Collis from Yeovil - a 6'4" keeper who provides proper compeition for Darryl.  Collis is a really good young keeper, signed on a two-year deal - another great signing.
BTW. Although I'm sure the official site said he was 6'4", be warned Soccerbase gives him at only a puny 6'1". Darryl will still need a ladder to talk to him though!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ June 19 2006,12:02)]Short and to the point as always Matt!
Bien sur - wouldn't want to disappoint...!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ June 19 2006,12:02)]On contracts Lewis, Bradbury & Maher are all said to have agreed deals which will be signed when they return from holiday. Captain Crab's offer includes provision for a testimonial at the end of the 2007/08 season. IIRC.
Good news with all three.  So that leaves Spinner (surely he'll re-sign?), Freddy (radio silence so far, but we're all keeping calm...) and Wayne "Want-away" Gray (who I have a funny feeling will be here next year).  The only other player about whose contract situation I was unsure was Che.  Perhaps Lee knows what the score is there...

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ June 19 2006,12:11)]BTW.  Although I'm sure the official site said Collis was 6'4", be warned Soccerbase gives him at only a puny 6'1".  Darryl will still need a ladder to talk to him though!  
smile.gif

Oo.gif

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ June 19 2006,12:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 19 2006,11:54)]the rumour mill did not predict the arrival of Collis.
Yeovil's rumour mill did though  
rock.gif
Blimey... so how come we didn't really pick up on that on the Southend boards? Or did we pick up on it, but I was too gormless to spot it...

suspect.gif
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ June 19 2006,11:31)]Have been at World Cup for past 10 days with no internet access. My old man has done his best to keep me updated and so far I know

Rather that read the 6 million threads since I left can someone give me an idea what else I have missed.

Cheers
DtS
kungfu.gif
fred has been called up for england and
we put in a bi"D" for -10,000,000 for stan colleymore..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 19 2006,12:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ June 19 2006,12:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 19 2006,11:54)]the rumour mill did not predict the arrival of Collis.
Yeovil's rumour mill did though
rock.gif
Blimey... so how come we didn't really pick up on that on the Southend boards? Or did we pick up on it, but I was too gormless to spot it...

suspect.gif
oops.gif
In all fairness, it was only about 2 days before he actually signed so it wasn't much of a scoop. Somebody here did post a link to the relevant rumour thread on the YTFC fans forum but I can't remember who.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ June 19 2006,12:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ June 19 2006,11:31)]Have been at World Cup for past 10 days with no internet access. My old man has done his best to keep me updated and so far I know

Cheers
DtS
kungfu.gif
fred has been called up for england and
we put in a bi"D" for -10,000,000 for stan colleymore..
Is he related to Stan Collymore?

I saw Fred score for Brazil yesterday so I am confused.
laugh.gif

Back