• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Right, so what's happened since Boxing DayChristmas*?

I heard Brown locked the players in the dressing room for 3 hours after one defeat (that made the main sports page on the BBC!), we seemed to get thumped a couple of times, Bentley saved a last minute penalty on Saturday and we've signed a snooker player. Anything else of note?

Any news of the new stadium?

Any more HMRC winding up petitions?

Any more signings? Any departures?

Any onions in the burgers? etc etc

*amended so we can all have a good laugh at Col Ewe

Any news of the new stadium? No

Any more HMRC winding up petitions? No

Any more signings? Any departures? No

Any onions in the burgers? etc etc None

Doesn't sound like I missed much.

Presumably :pig:has gone back.

Did we manage to extend Rea?

Any contract extensions agreed?

Doesn't sound like I missed much.

Presumably :pig:has gone back.

Did we manage to extend Rea?

Any contract extensions agreed?

Nope. Piggot and Rea gone and we won't be seeing them again. Barnett (until end of season, probably perm) & Hendrie (one month initially IIRC) have joined.

You missed lots of goals scored against us when they shouldn't have been. You missed a clean sheet when we were meant to let in goals. A 2 hour lock-in. Toys out of prams, players to leave, Prosser looking for a club. Most players responding to Phil Brown on Saturday. Deegan is now wearing kids shorts, and his beard is now so big it has a small bird nesting in it.

Errr...Tyrone Barnett, Stephen Hendrie??

Yorkshire Blue referred to Hendrie in his post (unless Barnett is a famous snooker player, I'm not well up on the knights of the green baize table). Tyrone Barnett looks very useful - he's a big unit with good positional sense (i.e. he isn't always offside unlike Mooney). If we can feed him properly he'll score more than the Pig would.

You missed perhaps our best 30 minutes of football that I've seen in a long time - the first 30 minutes at Swindon. We scored twice, could have had five, completely blew Swindon away. They were hopeless.

You missed perhaps our worst 50 minutes of football that I've seen for a long time - the final 50 minutes at Swindon. We let in four, could have been eight, completely blown away by Swindon. We were hopeless.

[h=2]What have I missed?[/h]
Right, so what's happened since Boxing DayChristmas*?

Not much.

Bentley signed a new 5 year contract, there's free beer at all home matches and work started on FF.

PB having a very quiet and polite conversation with the Lino at Posh after one of the worst penalty decisions of all time was awarded against us on his say so.

Yorkshire Blue referred to Hendrie in his post (unless Barnett is a famous snooker player, I'm not well up on the knights of the green baize table). Tyrone Barnett looks very useful - he's a big unit with good positional sense (i.e. he isn't always offside unlike Mooney). If we can feed him properly he'll score more than the Pig would.

You missed perhaps our best 30 minutes of football that I've seen in a long time - the first 30 minutes at Swindon. We scored twice, could have had five, completely blew Swindon away. They were hopeless.

You missed perhaps our worst 50 minutes of football that I've seen for a long time - the final 50 minutes at Swindon. We let in four, could have been eight, completely blown away by Swindon. We were hopeless.

That appraisal is all well and good , but you make no reference to minutes 30-40 at Swindon ?
Don't leave me hanging !

Back