• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
For me personally I've enjoyed seeing the away end looking more full.

I've liked a better quality of football on the pitch and I've definately liked that we have been able to bring in a better quality of player.
This week's signings have shown that. We would not have loaned such players in league two.

Thank God we are out of that awful league. Also going for promotion to a league like the championship is much better than trying to climb out of the basement.

It's got to be the standard for me... I never really thought there was a massive difference in styles between leagues one and two until this season... Any team would struggle with the style of league two football... Now we actually get to get the ball down and play abit...

...seeing ex-youth team player Jack Payne being given a run in the side. This is high level to start your professional career, but he seems to be relishing the challenge.

Being back in League 1 and holding our own, not fighting relegation.

Been very proud of our season so far.

Watching Noel Hunt "dancing" with Peterboroughs equivalent of The Bluebells at half time a couple of weeks ago! The ball went inbetween the girls so he ran in and collected it though not before stopping for several seconds to join in!! Funniest thing I have seen at a football match for a long time! :smile:

Being in League 1 and staying in the top half. I can take or leave promotion and I think if we do well in the next couple of seasons in L1, we'll be in a better position for the Championship. If we go up this season, I don't think we'll stay up

The thing I've liked the most this season is a squad of players, mostly from the FL2 play-off squad, who have kicked on in FL1 and realised that they are there on merit and good enough to complete consistently (mostly) in this Division. Highlight? Taking Mrs RHB to the Millwall B/H game, her first time, and her saying that Teddy Smith had a pert bottom during the warm up. I though the bloke next to us was going to choke!!

For me personally I've enjoyed seeing the away end looking more full.I've liked a better quality of football on the pitch and I've definately liked that we have been able to bring in a better quality of player.
This week's signings have shown that. We would not have loaned such players in league two.

Thank God we are out of that awful league. Also going for promotion to a league like the championship is much better than trying to climb out of the basement.

Up until the Millwall and Coventry games I believe the amount of away fans was on average only about the same as last season. But yes good to see a few more away fans in the last couple of games, although I cant see Burton, Crewe or Chesterfield bringing many.

Good to see a few more home fans but again not a huge increase on last season yet. But I notice Saturdays win may have helped shift a few more Colchester home tickets as only limited availability in most stands apart from the South Lower.

I wonder if Block X may be opened for home fans depending on how many Colchester sell.

The usual high commitment levels from Brown's boys.
Products of our youth system excelling in the first team
Challenging for a play off spot.
Phil Brown shoving it up the bottoms of all the wanna be sky pundits on here that spout nonsense when we lose a game or two...Brown out... lol.
Carry on the good work lads the majority of us are right behind you

For me personally I've enjoyed seeing the away end looking more full.

I've liked a better quality of football on the pitch and I've definately liked that we have been able to bring in a better quality of player.

Three points at Colchester .... Made my Christmas

Up until the Millwall and Coventry games I believe the amount of away fans was on average only about the same as last season. But yes good to see a few more away fans in the last couple of games, although I cant see Burton, Crewe or Chesterfield bringing many.

Good to see a few more home fans but again not a huge increase on last season yet. But I notice Saturdays win may have helped shift a few more Colchester home tickets as only limited availability in most stands apart from the South Lower.

I wonder if Block X may be opened for home fans depending on how many Colchester sell.

Opening the x block causes problems. People want to sit and the W block stand. I doubt it will be on sale but it should be as col u will sell 1500 max

It's got to be the standard for me... I never really thought there was a massive difference in styles between leagues one and two until this season... Any team would struggle with the style of league two football... Now we actually get to get the ball down and play abit...
Have to agree,and seems more noticeable now than ever!
Defensively you will be punished for mistakes which in league two you may get away with.

Totally agree, ok we have the odd games where we are poor, mistake-ridden, lacking in confidence etc - but I cannot recall such a committed bunch representing us for a long time.

The quality of football being played by both sides has improved and its only when you see it week in week out that realise the difference between the two divisions.
Seeing us competing and being good enough to be in the top half with only a handful of teams that have looked better than us.
Having the bottle and spirit to stop a three match potential season ending run.

Oh of course seeing Col Ewe down the bottom in trouble.
(And little Jack Payne show his worth)

Totally agree, ok we have the odd games where we are poor, mistake-ridden, lacking in confidence etc - but I cannot recall such a committed bunch representing us for a long time.

I have used the term obscene commitment on a number of occasions during Phil Brown's reign and at the end of the day that's all I ask of any player representing my community

Opening the x block causes problems. People want to sit and the W block stand. I doubt it will be on sale but it should be as col u will sell 1500 max

I still think they might consider it as even if Colchester sell 1,500 the NW corner and at least one North Bank block can be used for segregation.
Only about 150 tickets left in the West Stand.
We have probably sold about 7,250 home tickets so far.

Sheffield United away.
Phil Brown being more tactically flexible.
Home performances
Bouncing back from the Three awful games
Two ex Colchester players winning the Derby
Better refs
No trip to Morecambe
Tshirts at Xmas

Watching ex top flight clubs being whacked THREE NIL.....NICE VERY NICE!

Back