• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What have you named after Southend United FC?

Seeing on another thread that someone had named one of their wedding tables after Chrissy Powell :cool: I thought it would be an idea to see what other folk have done in a similar vein.

I'll kick things off:

- dog (Shrimper)
- cat 1 (Freddie)
- cat 2, fat (Bramble)
- guinea pig (Sid (Broomfield))

Bit of a pet theme but you needn't restrict your effort to livestock (Sid snuffed it last year anyway).

Tried to name the house Roots Hall but wifey thought it a bit misleading for a modern brick blob.

An old friend of ours called her tortoise Phil (Chisnall) as it happened the tortoise was quicker than Phil Chisnall.

Sadly the creature came to an untimely ended when it was found hung in some wire mesh in a cucumber patch. :'(

My parents still have a cat called Roycie.

In fact, had she (yes, we named a female cat after a footballer) been in goal instead of him when he played for QPR the other season, chances are we wouldn't have won 5-0 that night, on account of the fact that there probably wouldn't be much space to play with once she was slumped in front of the goal, certainly probably not enough to get a football past.

However, this might have been offset by the fact that it would take her more than half time to waddle up to the other end, unless of course there was a food bowl there.

In case you haven't worked it out yet, she's an even fatter cat than Bob Diamond.

Pet related theme for me.

Sammy (Cat)
Woody (Cat) Bit of a goalkeeper theme!

Tilly and Brushie (Guinea Pigs)

We have a dog called Barney, but Lee Barnard was probably still at school when we got him, so i can't claim that one.

Named our cat Leo (after Roget).

It was gonna be called Leon after Clarke / Cort - but Clarke left at the same time as we got him so name shortend.

Strange think happend the other day - Steve Bennett was reffing on the tele and the cat started scratching at the screen....

Back