• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Watched reruns of classic comedy Christmas specials on Gold tonight, the Vicar of Dibley one where Geraldine eats three Christmas dinners just so funny.

Started watching the Imagine special on Ray Davies from the other night, really good documentary, looking at history of The Kinks and the songs then linking them up to his current album and how they influenced the people he recorded with. Put me in the mood for some Kinks!

Started watching the Imagine special on Ray Davies from the other night, really good documentary, looking at history of The Kinks and the songs then linking them up to his current album and how they influenced the people he recorded with. Put me in the mood for some Kinks!

Yeah I caught that too.Loved the way RD sent himself up all the time.

when the zone was lost stateside we finished watching the last of DEXTER season 5,brilliant,looking forward to season 6.

Just to say Christmas television is one big **** sandwich. Aherne/Lucas & Walliams, please, please retire.

Just to say Christmas television is one big **** sandwich. Aherne/Lucas & Walliams, please, please retire.

Eh?

I thought the Royle Family, whilst nowhere near as funny as the original series, was good enough and I was actually pleasantly surprised by the Airline thing... I didn't want to watch it at all such is my utter contempt for the catchphrase comedy nonsense that is Little Britain, but it managed to raise few laughs. Certainly better than the Morgana show, anyway.

Got seasons one through three of Mad Men on Blu-Ray for Christmas, so I will make a start on that this evening I think.

The Royle Family was one of the best episodes/specials ever last night....so so funny from start to finish. You have had a sense of humour by-pass

The Royle Family was one of the best episodes/specials ever last night....so so funny from start to finish. You have had a sense of humour by-pass

If they'd trimmed it to half an hour then maybe but it was bloated. As for the Airline thing, it was painful to watch at times it was so unfunny.

A few hours of the cricket last night.

Villa vs Spurs now.

Cricket later.

Also got the box set of 'Oz' so will be making a start on that at some point in the next few days (yes i know it's old and you've probably all seen it before)

If they'd trimmed it to half an hour then maybe but it was bloated. As for the Airline thing, it was painful to watch at times it was so unfunny.

I've just watched the Royle Family and agree it could have done with trimming. IMO the whole of Christmas tv was stunningly awful ITV's prime time offerings being an hour of ****ing Emmerdale, and hour of Coro****ingnation Street, and hour of "All Star" Family ****ing Fortunes FFS. I'm glad I wasn't reliant on the box for my entertainment yesterday, I may have topped myself otherwise.

:whistling:
Eh?

I thought the Royle Family, whilst nowhere near as funny as the original series, was good enough and I was actually pleasantly surprised by the Airline thing... I didn't want to watch it at all such is my utter contempt for the catchphrase comedy nonsense that is Little Britain, but it managed to raise few laughs. Certainly better than the Morgana show, anyway.

Got seasons one through three of Mad Men on Blu-Ray for Christmas, so I will make a start on that this evening I think.

IMO, Little Britain is the funniest thing that's been on UK TV since Monty Python and Spitting Image.

Last edited:
IMO, Little Britain is the funniest thing that's been on UK TV since Monty Python.

They milked it drier than the driest place on Earth on a rather hot day. The funniest thing since Python was Blackadder (well 2 - 4), The Fast Show, Father Ted, The Young Ones, most Vic & Bob stuff.......loads in fact (just not anything with David sodding Jason in).

Back