• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

A very English scandal. A great story and reasonably well covered, including the Judges summoning up. Spoilt by the usual propaganda and history denying which is compulsory on the BBC.

Final episode of The Detectorists, on BBC2 for the masses. I have seen this 3/4 times and it is a really lovely, clever and funny program. I recommend this 100%.

Go on then, I'll bite.

How about the title for a start. It was actually a very British scandal if you remember who was actually on trial. 10 minutes into episode 1 we have the standard anti Brexit message with Thorpe's speech. Of course its very nice to see black actors getting more work but doesn't that gloss over historic institutional racism in things like the crown prosecution service.

That aside as a football fan you may be interested to know that Sir Jack Hayward, the former owner of Wolves and funder of the Liberal party was duped into providing the money for the murder of Norman Scott. He gave evidence for the prosecution at the trial. Hayward was donating £50,000 and Thorpe asked for £10,000 to go into a private account. He later asked for another £10,000 in the same account and Hayward become suspicious.

Ep 5 of The Bridge - it's getting very incestuous. Everybody, no matter how disperate from the serial killer is seemingly involved somehow. It's a little bit eyebrow raising. Still excellent though, but who the funk is Tommy?

How about the title for a start. It was actually a very British scandal if you remember who was actually on trial. 10 minutes into episode 1 we have the standard anti Brexit message with Thorpe's speech. Of course its very nice to see black actors getting more work but doesn't that gloss over historic institutional racism in things like the crown prosecution service.

Well Thorpe was very English, though it may stem from the fact that in some parts, homosexuality is often known as "The English Disease". He was also a advocate of joining the Common Market, and I'd imagine if he were round today, I'd imagine a staunch remainer. However I do agree with you about the black faces in the CPS. Highly unlikely.

Ep 5 of The Bridge - it's getting very incestuous. Everybody, no matter how disperate from the serial killer is seemingly involved somehow. It's a little bit eyebrow raising. Still excellent though, but who the funk is Tommy?

Glad you said that I thought I must have nodded off at a relevant point

Didn't he used to work on the docks?

Watched Evil Genuis, the documentary film on Netflix. Very interesting and well worth a watch if you haven't seen it already.

My theory is that he's connected to a previous case and he's seeking revenge that will end with him killing either Henrik or Saga. I wonder if creepy Frank is a red herring or if he'll turn out to be a wrong 'un?

My theory is that he's connected to a previous case and he's seeking revenge that will end with him killing either Henrik or Saga. I wonder if creepy Frank is a red herring or if he'll turn out to be a wrong 'un?

I have a feeling that one will die in the final episode. My money is on Saga what with this being the final series.

I have a feeling that one will die in the final episode. My money is on Saga what with this being the final series.
With the suggestion that the murders are intended to hurt the loved ones of the deceased, I think Henrik will be killed leaving Saga completely broken.

What with the darker tone of this series of The Bridge, and the eternally miserable Handmaid's Tale, I don't know how much more I can take. Once the current series of both have finished I think I'll have to go on a Carry On film binge to recover...

With the suggestion that the murders are intended to hurt the loved ones of the deceased, I think Henrik will be killed leaving Saga completely broken.

What with the darker tone of this series of The Bridge, and the eternally miserable Handmaid's Tale, I don't know how much more I can take. Once the current series of both have finished I think I'll have to go on a Carry On film binge to recover...

I know. I watched them both this weekend, interspersed with a nihilistic zombie flick (Cargo, it's very good) and I felt like opening up my wrists. :sad:

Watched Episode 5 of Atlanta this morning I now realise it's a work of genius. Darius shooting at a dog target on the rifle range, whilst the good ol' boys shot at targets of people and "Luke & Bo" having an issue with that was just superb.

Back