• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

very funny!

I didn't really get any sentiment from it though, just two guys who over indulge themselves and their feelings. No doubt they had tragedy in their lives but everybody does it is just their ego's that make them build everything into a massive deal.

With lines like "it's because of Stevie Wonder I made a conscious decision not to be superstitious" you know you are going to be entertained. It's like Gervais and Merchant created the Goss brothers.

The bit about their sister was quite touching I thought.

The bit about their sister was quite touching I thought.

Yeah I get that but when they get as emotional about their ego's and trivial stuff you wonder how sincere it is and how much of it is for the cameras. Probably being a bit harsh there but they are such arseholes I found it hard to have sympathy for them.

Also:

NYD Doctor Who - Oh dear. A mess, and suffers from writers who are obviously unaware of the recent Who history. "A Dalek?" asks the human. "Yes, you know the aliens that ran riot over the planet a few years ago" says every Who fan ever. Sad to say I think I'm done with it.

The re-imagining of Watership Down was ok - less blood & gore, no spooky ghost, even the graphics were a little bit hmm...not sure it needed a remake.

I quite enjoyed the Torvill and Dean program however I wouldn't want my son wearing two tone lilac crepe jumpsuits.

First episode of Luther was absolutely gripping and pure class as usual from Elba! Looking forward to episode two tonight!

TV/Film/Documentary: Bros: When The Screaming Stops.

Now I'm in no way a Bros fan, but this was a good documentary about the brothers Goss (no mention of Ken). Spinal Tap moments of comedy, touching sentiment about their family and the unresolved tension of a front man and a drummer. Recommended even if their music leaves you cold - it's on Iplayer.
Must say that I enjoyed watching it, yes they felt sorry for themselves, especially luke ? (drummer.) lots of talking, and no listening, they really needed someone to sit down with them both , like a lot of relationships and families.

It took me back ( I’m roughly the same age) which was fun.

I remember seeing them on a channel 4 show “famous for 5mins” or something like that before they became famous.

Must say that I enjoyed watching it, yes they felt sorry for themselves, especially luke ? (drummer.) lots of talking, and no listening, they really needed someone to sit down with them both , like a lot of relationships and families.

It took me back ( I’m roughly the same age) which was fun.

I remember seeing them on a channel 4 show “famous for 5mins” or something like that before they became famous.

You can understand why Luke felt so ****ed off. Matt decides to call it a day and Luke loses everything the next!

Has anyone had a crack at the new Black mirror interactive episode Bandersnatch?

Not sure if it is brilliant or distinctly average? the more I think about it I'm edging towards brilliant, Black Mirror always seems to have you thinking about the episode for days after. This one is a bit of a mind ****, is choice an illusion?

I watched it, really enjoyed it. Although it does have multiple endings which I would've liked some closure. Is the future of tv? I would imagine that Netflix would gain some excellent viewing data by the selections people make!

I watched it, really enjoyed it. Although it does have multiple endings which I would've liked some closure. Is the future of tv? I would imagine that Netflix would gain some excellent viewing data by the selections people make!

I think people want to turn off when watching telly a lot of the time, so while there maybe a market for interactive telly I think it'll be a fringe thing.

I think people want to turn off when watching telly a lot of the time, so while there maybe a market for interactive telly I think it'll be a fringe thing.
In my case, I don't think I liked the responsibility of having to make the right choices. I am a big fan of black mirror so I was worried I may be missing out if I made the "wrong choice" and didn't get the most satisfying ending. So I agree, but for slightly different reasons. I think it worked with this story though as it aligned with the "choose your own adventure" theme. I would rather watch a standard episode, agree that this will be a fringe thing.

In my case, I don't think I liked the responsibility of having to make the right choices. I am a big fan of black mirror so I was worried I may be missing out if I made the "wrong choice" and didn't get the most satisfying ending. So I agree, but for slightly different reasons. I think it worked with this story though as it aligned with the "choose your own adventure" theme. I would rather watch a standard episode, agree that this will be a fringe thing.

My daughter did a similiar thing on Netflix with a Minecraft interactive story, she did it twice once as a girl once as a boy. Was quite impressed by it TBH.

Has anyone had a crack at the new Black mirror interactive episode Bandersnatch?

Not sure if it is brilliant or distinctly average? the more I think about it I'm edging towards brilliant, Black Mirror always seems to have you thinking about the episode for days after. This one is a bit of a mind ****, is choice an illusion?

Took me over an hour before I realised I could choose the option...

Luther tonight.....wow!!! Total tripe really but fantastic entertainment nevertheless. Unmissable stuff.

TV/Film/Documentary: Bros: When The Screaming Stops.

Now I'm in no way a Bros fan, but this was a good documentary about the brothers Goss (no mention of Ken). Spinal Tap moments of comedy, touching sentiment about their family and the unresolved tension of a front man and a drummer. Recommended even if their music leaves you cold - it's on Iplayer.
Funniest program I’ve watched in years.

Back