• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Enjoyed C4 Despatches excellent documentary What happens when the immigrants leave? last night.Certainly some people who voted for Brexit on the basis that it would curb immigration are in for a suprise fairly soon.

Especially when they get a chance to vote in European elections in a few months. :Whistling:

I also watched The Widow last night and I was waiting for Karl Howman to turn up with his bucket until I realised I added an 'N by accident.........

Dave Allen, Gods Own Comedian. I always thought he was genius but discovered so much more about him after watching this. Give it a go on i player, anyone over 45ish will get it. Dated now, I know but he really set the standard back in the day and blazed a trail for the new breed.

I watched a bit of it - couple of laugh out loud moments I must admit.

Enjoyed C4 Despatches excellent documentary What happens when the immigrants leave? last night.Certainly some people who voted for Brexit on the basis that it would curb immigration are in for a suprise fairly soon.

I imagine Strictly Come Dancing will look very different and God knows where we will buy our mobile phone accessories.

Especially when they get a chance to vote in European elections in a few months. :Whistling:

I also watched The Widow last night and I was waiting for Karl Howman to turn up with his bucket until I realised I added an 'N by accident.........
I've now got the brushstrokes theme tune in my head, thanks a lot

Deutschland 86.

Too many plot threads, too unbelievable.

I am pretty sure Colibri wouldn't last 5 mins in a Southend pub let alone on the front line of the cold war.

Don't Forget the Driver
A new dark sitcom starring Toby Jones. I'm 2 episodes in, it moves at an almost catatonic pace and the way it's shot is quite dreamy. I really like it; it's hypnotic and has just enough laughs to keep it ticking along. The whole series is on iPlayer.

Enjoyed BBC2 's Oscar Wilde double bill last night.The documentary, The Imortance of Being Oscar plus the repeat of the The Importance of Being Earnest film with Rupert Everett & Colin Firth.

Also saw David Attenborough's Climate Change -The Facts on catch up.Anyone who plans to still be on the planet in the next decade or so should give this a watch.It's what the street protests in London have been all about.

Last edited:
Earth From Space. Photography just incredible but the narration....... the guy, to me, makes it sound boring so have to hit the mute button. Chiwetel's a far better actor than narrator.

Started watching Westworld, pretty decent so far I think I’ll stick with this one and see how it goes.

Finished watching Our Planet last night, that is possibly the best thing I’ve ever watched on TV. The shots they got were amazing. I watched the making of it and the lengths the people went to get a couple of minutes of footage is unreal.

Back