• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Before Chernobyl (the show) I was an advocate of nuclear power stations. Not any more!
My concern about nuclear power isn't from Chernobyl, but Fukushima. In that situation a modern nuclear power station run by a traditionally safe and high-tech nation went into meltdown due to an earthquake-triggered tsunami, the type of which could be more common due to climate change.

The green energy revolution has to come quickly.

definitely. someone talked about nuclear fission and power being like playing god... on one hand it's the perfect source for electricity, on the other hand it's the most devastating power you can imagine. both acute and long term radiation sickness seems cruel in nature.

[SPOILER="mild spoiler"]when Boris said about his illness and how the latency period meant he didn't believe he was sick and therefore wasted that year was very sad and impactful[/SPOILER]

this is great for those who've seen the show...

I read somewhere that a US official once said that America were glad it happened in the USSR only because it was down to them to explain it rather than the USA.

Sounds callous but I sort of got it.

I read somewhere that a US official once said that America were glad it happened in the USSR only because it was down to them to explain it rather than the USA.

Sounds callous but I sort of got it.

They did have Three Mile Island though.

In the words of Monty Burns...

Homer, your bravery and quick thinking have turned a potential Chernobyl into a mere Three Mile Island.

Don't think anyone who's read Svetlana Alexievich's Voices from Chernobyl could ever be an advocate of nuclear power stations. Certainly not Chernobyl.

Technology has radically changed in 30+ years and I'm sure Chernobyl obviously didn't run to the highest safety standards! But no, I'm out. Green power all the way.

Just watched the final episode of Chernobyl! That is up there with the best programmes ever shown on television. Up there with Band of Brothers.

The first of the new series' of Killing Eve & The Handmaid's Tale. Both ok - I've never been a huge acolyte of KE.

3 episodes into chenobyl and like everyone else, I say replace it ASAP. I think I read it only supplies 11% of the worlds power so shouldn't be unachievable.

New black mirror, not up to the usual high standards IMO but fighting vipers did really **** with my head in a way that black mirror is so good at doing.

For those who have watched Chernobyl I would highly recommend the podcast with Peter Sagan and writer/producer of Chernobyl Craig Mazin, explains the whole project, what he wanted to achieve etc, available from the usual places

Netflix have spent some serious cash on it. More effects and better stories.

Just finished it, brilliant storyline and agree you can see they’ve spent some serious money on it. Hope there is a season 5!

Finished Chernobyl great TV.Just finished 1st season of Gomorrah a really good series about organised crime in Naples area of Italy.

Back