• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Finished World on fire really good series.Lots left to explore and great its coming back in the future

I know they're not your cup of tea for a lot of you, but I absolutely loved Ant & Dec's DNA journey - and I called it right at the start when I said to hubby that I bet they'd find out they were related!

What a terrific bit of TV, interesting, heart warming and opened them both up bare on the emotions side of things.

Also thought the second episode of His Dark Materials on Sunday night was much better than the first. Can anyone who has read the books more recently than me remind me how come Lyra's Pan can change his appearance as I've quite forgotten!

I know they're not your cup of tea for a lot of you, but I absolutely loved Ant & Dec's DNA journey - and I called it right at the start when I said to hubby that I bet they'd find out they were related!

What a terrific bit of TV, interesting, heart warming and opened them both up bare on the emotions side of things.

Also thought the second episode of His Dark Materials on Sunday night was much better than the first. Can anyone who has read the books more recently than me remind me how come Lyra's Pan can change his appearance as I've quite forgotten!

I haven't read the books but I'm sure in the 1st episode it was said that a daemon doesn't settle as one thing until adulthood, so childrens daemons can change?

HDM - still slow. I wonder if it'll lose viewers. Though forgive me if I'm wrong but..,

Spoiler:  
I don't remember the Magesterium being able to cross worlds until Will gets the Subtle Knife, and that's in book 2.
  Spoiler:  
Whilst they don't show it in the books Boreal definitely was able to travel between worlds before book 2, it's stated that he's been doing it for many years after accidentally stumbling upon a window, he's even got a knighthood in our world. In the books he appears in our world before Will gets the knife, he's actually the one that tells Will where it is.

Gold Digger on BBC1 - Didn't expect to enjoy it, but thought it was really good. Julia Ormond.......woof!

Gold Digger on BBC1 - Didn't expect to enjoy it, but thought it was really good. Julia Ormond.......woof!

Just watched Episode 1.

Looking like a good series, this one.

Also caught The Co*ckfields with that there, Philomena Cunk in it. Very enjoyable harmless entertainment.

Right, watched the final part of Guilt.

Absolutely superb. A must see. Quite brilliant.

First 2 episodes of Morning Show from AppleTV. Jen Aniston and Reece Witherspoon, interesting, VERY American, not sure if I will pay for rest of series.

Chernobyl. Absolutely incredible TV

I've had this saved for months and finally got around to watching it.

What started out as an attempt to watch one episode per evening resulted in me sitting through the entire 5 hours in one sitting! .. It was that good.

From the effects, the acting and the extraordinary portrayal of the horror of the whole thing, the writers and producers put together something quite remarkable.

A must see!

Prince Andrew interview, some of those excuses haha

Worthy of its own thread IMO.

Incredible sense of arrogance to think you can spout any old rubbish, and the peasants will believe it.

Something tells me we haven’t heard the last of this.....

I'm not sure how I feel either way on the whole thing, but the Pizza Express one is something else!

Of course, all that's needed to verify that is anyone working there that evening to confirm it. It's not as if you'd forget serving Prince Andrew!

Have finished The Accident now.

Something slightly lacking, for me. Maybe the acting, the script or the whole way it was put together. An interesting story, but the stars of the cast seemed to let it down, for me. Jade Croot stood head and shoulders above them all, despite being the youngest cast member, much like Molly Windsor did in Three Girls.

Watchable, but a bit too hammy for me.

War of the Worlds tonight, though. :Cool:

Back