• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Anyone else seen The Irishman on Netflix?

It's a 3 and a half hour film and I'm currently halfway through. I'm liking it enough but I'm so far a little underwhelmed as it been hyped up so much I did expect it to be better than it is.

Still a decent enough watch.

Last edited:
Have you seen the prices cinema's are charging these days, crazy money! Add a drink and a bit of food you're looking at taking out a loan.

Plus, the article only really mentions about not watching on a phone, thankfully I have a TV. :Cool:

I saw it at the BalmesMulticine in Barna,which cost me 5 euros on a Wed (their cheap day).Unlike a lot of people these days, personally I don't feel the need to stuff myself with popcorn or buy a coke when I go to the flics.

I saw it at the BalmesMulticine in Barna,which cost me 5 euros on a Wed (their cheap day).Unlike a lot of people these days, personally I don't feel the need to stuff myself with popcorn or buy a coke when I go to the flics.
Obviously Barna you've reached that special age when you fart and belch if you do. No use denying it mate it's out in the open now.:Winking:

War of the Worlds. Utter **** but still better then I'm a celeb crap

I have been waiting 40 years for this, Ever since I saw the artwork on the Jeff Wayne album.

David Essex on the album was bad enough but the BBC have ****ed me with The Tripods and they have ****ed me with War of the worlds.

Last edited:
I have been waiting 40 years for this, Ever since I saw the artwork on the Jeff Wayne album.

David Essex on the album was bad enough but the BBC have ****ed me with The Tripods and they have ****ed me with War of the worlds.
Utter utter rubbish, it was worse than roots hall on a Saturday.
You can normally rely on the BBC for a decent period drama, but every aspect of it was rubbish.

Sets, acting, characters, story, the Martians, the music- I could go on.
Massively disappointed

I liked it. I did find the 3rd part dragged a little, but the writers tried a different angle with it all.

The book is about imperialism and the storyline was based more on this than the full war. They also chose a female lead role, to capture the different angle.

In parts, sure yep, I can see how it would irritate people who loved the original, but as an idea it worked up to a point.

Not a classic, I agree, but not as awful as a lot of people on social media would suggest.

I liked it. I did find the 3rd part dragged a little, but the writers tried a different angle with it all.

The book is about imperialism and the storyline was based more on this than the full war. They also chose a female lead role, to capture the different angle.

In parts, sure yep, I can see how it would irritate people who loved the original, but as an idea it worked up to a point.

Not a classic, I agree, but not as awful as a lot of people on social media would suggest.

It was truly awful.

Yes the book was about imperialism but this wasn't explicitly mentioned. The scriptwriter on the other hand decided to clumsily hammer the point home.

The female lead might have worked if the plot hadn't been butchered. Why mess with a classic? The BBC wouldn't add say a gay best friend to a Bronte or Austin adaptation.

What he was trying to do and what he did were probably two different things.

I tried to watch it in isolation and view it as a one-off drama, rather than an adaptation. In that respect, I thought it worked OK.

Granted, if compared to the book or the 1953 film, it fell a long way short.

Back