• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Are you in the land of the living? I would be lost without Netflix.. I cant stand that terrestrial crap and the things they serve up nowadays.

I hear all I want about Netflix from the teenagers I still teach at the LFB (3 times a week).I pay enough for terrestial UK TV without branching into Netflix as it is.

Most terrestrial TV is dire, there's a few gems but mostly it's cooking shows or soaps.

Or DIY/Buying property/Buying Antiques and Quiz shows
and for further insult, they're mostly repeats.
Terrestrial TV has never been fab but it's safe to say it's never been this awful.
BBC charge for this garbage and need to sort this out sharpish or they could find themselves extinct.

Are you in the land of the living? I would be lost without Netflix.. I cant stand that terrestrial crap and the things they serve up nowadays.

Amazon Prime man myself and have Sky box sets to keep me going.
More4 for the snotty foreign stuff is a particular favourite.
I know Sky can be expensive but for a couple of nights a month away from the juicer I find it pretty much pays for itself.

Amazon Prime man myself and have Sky box sets to keep me going.
More4 for the snotty foreign stuff is a particular favourite.
I know Sky can be expensive but for a couple of nights a month away from the juicer I find it pretty much pays for itself.

I have Prime to, but so much of it you still have to pay for, even old films, at least with Netflix once you are on there it's all free.

Don't f**k with cats - Absolutely engrossing documentary on Netflix. A video is posted of a low-life suffocating two kittens, and a internet detective hunt begin to track him down that goes completely way of tangent. Superb stuff, definitely recommend it.

That was great, but puts you off being a serial killer for life...:Smile2:

Me too. 'Scandal' was excellent back in the day, so it's good to see another take on this.

Watched the first episode of A Christmas Carol (BBC1) last night. The trailers for it looked quite inviting, but the actual first episode? meh. I've watched various adaptations of this over the years and this is the first time I'd realised that Charles Dickens had included serious anglo saxon swearing in the book. Its a bit too much gritty Peaky Blinders for me and whilst this series may please some I shall probably swerve the rest.

Last episode of this series of His Dark Materials - some great acting by the central characters. Heartbreak when Roger was killed by Lyra's father. Bring on The Subtle Knife!

Watched the first episode of A Christmas Carol (BBC1) last night. The trailers for it looked quite inviting, but the actual first episode? meh. I've watched various adaptations of this over the years and this is the first time I'd realised that Charles Dickens had included serious anglo saxon swearing in the book. Its a bit too much gritty Peaky Blinders for me and whilst this series may please some I shall probably swerve the rest.
I agree about the swearing, gratuitous IMHO and unnecessary. Quite liked the grittiness and humour of it though, will give it another chance.

I really enjoyed it, but to add a disclaimer: I've never read the book nor seen any other TV/film version of the story (other than Blackadder's Christmas Carol!) so I have nothing to compare it against. I'm going to watch the 1951 Alastair Sim version when it's on over Xmas.

Don't f**k with cats - Absolutely engrossing documentary on Netflix. A video is posted of a low-life suffocating two kittens, and a internet detective hunt begin to track him down that goes completely way of tangent. Superb stuff, definitely recommend it.

Agree!

Netflix are very good at these types of shows.

Back