• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Watched the first episode of A Christmas Carol (BBC1) last night. The trailers for it looked quite inviting, but the actual first episode? meh. I've watched various adaptations of this over the years and this is the first time I'd realised that Charles Dickens had included serious anglo saxon swearing in the book. Its a bit too much gritty Peaky Blinders for me and whilst this series may please some I shall probably swerve the rest.

The Muppet version with Michael Caine is great.

The Goes Wrong Show - uh oh, audience/canned laugter/Mrs Brown's Boys for the family?

Nope, it was hilarious. Absolutely loved it.

Currently wading through the first season of Whicher on Netflix. The females of the Roots household are totally glued to it. Very gory and more than a bit violent but not bad and certainly different from Netflix normal offerings.

I really enjoyed it, but to add a disclaimer: I've never read the book nor seen any other TV/film version of the story (other than Blackadder's Christmas Carol!) so I have nothing to compare it against. I'm going to watch the 1951 Alastair Sim version when it's on over Xmas.

The 51 version has often been copied but never bettered.
The Muppets did a good job mind.
Oh, watch it in black and white, so much better (they sometimes show it in colour)

Peaky Blinders. Not sure why I never watched it before, now hooked. Will havw season 2 dobe tonight and will probably start season 3 as well. Good stuff.

Peaky Blinders. Not sure why I never watched it before, now hooked. Will havw season 2 dobe tonight and will probably start season 3 as well. Good stuff.

tried but it never took off for me.
watching The Americans on Amazon Prime
KGB agents living in Washington right next door to a FBI agent who’s running a Russian mole.
better than good

tried but it never took off for me.
watching The Americans on Amazon Prime
KGB agents living in Washington right next door to a FBI agent who’s running a Russian mole.
better than good

It starts off a bit slow but Season 2 is really good. Is The Americans likely to be on Netflix? I'll give it a go if it is.

Last edited:
Finally saw Frozen yesterday, in amongst a binge of other Christmas film watching on TV. Very good.

Comparisons aside, after watching the final episode of A Christmas Carol last night, I thought overall it was pretty darned good. The acting was excellent (nice to see Andy Serkis not dressed up as an ape or similar and what a voice he has.....) and the finale was quite moving......

Watched the short M.R. James ghost story Martin's Ghost last night on BBC4 too. Pete Capaldi was excellent and Elliot Levey as Judge Jeffrey's brought some very good dry humour to the proceedings.

I don't know if i am alone in my comment here or it speaks volumes for the quality of recent previous years Christmas telly, but i actually really enjoyed it.

I was on tender hooks about finding out about the infamous fishing trip, not to mention the ending, i didn't see that happening.

I reckon the viewing figures will probably mean there will be another Gavin & Stacey next Christmas, but will probably not have the legs for a new series 4 at some point next year.

I don't know if i am alone in my comment here or it speaks volumes for the quality of recent previous years Christmas telly, but i actually really enjoyed it.

I was on tender hooks about finding out about the infamous fishing trip, not to mention the ending, i didn't see that happening.

I reckon the viewing figures will probably mean there will be another Gavin & Stacey next Christmas, but will probably not have the legs for a new series 4 at some point next year.

I can honestly say I would rather eat a plate of tramps spew whilst have my testes stapled together than watch anything with James Corden. Unless it was him being battered with heavy objects. Yule tide felicitations.

I can honestly say I would rather eat a plate of tramps spew whilst have my testes stapled together than watch anything with James Corden. Unless it was him being battered with heavy objects. Yule tide felicitations.

Not a fan then, eh ? Me neither, I'm with you but count me out of the first two events :Stunned:

Back