• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Some decent looking dramas/factuals for the New Year starting in the next week or so :-

6th January : 24 Hours in Police Custody (Channel 4)
8th January : White House Farm (ITV). This is about the Jeremy Bamber case
10th January : Deadwater Fell (Channel 4)

Plus on 8th January on BBC2, a murder investigation case (Murder in the Woods)

.. and new series of Silent Witness and Grantchester.

All free to air! :Cool:

More, as we get it.

Finished The Boys, very good! Looking forward to season 2.

I'm not fan of James Corden, but I did quite enjoy Gavin & Stacey. Without giving anything away, there will need to be another special now because of the ending.

Still to watch the Call the Midwife special.

Worzel Gummage was just fantastic. Loved it.

It was ok, my biggest problem with it was his face, it was too sad. Jon Pertwee's Worzel had a much happier face, and, of course, the interchangeable heads if he really needed to look whimsical or anything.

Thoroughly enjoyed The Trial of Christine Keeler on BBC1 earlier.

Got that on record to watch when we get the inevitable bad weather and everything comes to a standstill in the next few months.

Right, Elizabeth is Missing. Where do I start. It's just a wow piece of television. A must see. Really is.
Finally had some time to myself today and sat down to watch it. Fortunate enough not to be able to relate to it on a personal level, but I have a number of friends with parents with dementia. What an amazingly powerful piece of acting by Glenda Jackson, and the lady who played her daughter. Inevitably had me in tears at more than one point, if you haven't seen it then do try and make time to.

We gave up on the new Worzel Gummage. Those of us who remember the original played by the great Jon Pertwee in zany and whimsical fashion, the modern version just doesn't cut it. Too serious, not enough good supporting cast either. Poor IMHO. Sorry to those who enjoyed it.

We gave up on the new Worzel Gummage. Those of us who remember the original played by the great Jon Pertwee in zany and whimsical fashion, the modern version just doesn't cut it. Too serious, not enough good supporting cast either. Poor IMHO. Sorry to those who enjoyed it.
[**pedant alert**] Pertwee wasn't the original - Frank Atkinson played him in the 1953 BBC adaptation. I haven't watched the new version yet - I do fear it won't be a patch on the '70s/'80s episodes but the good reviews mean I'll try my best to give it a go with an open mind.

[**pedant alert**] Pertwee wasn't the original - Frank Atkinson played him in the 1953 BBC adaptation. I haven't watched the new version yet - I do fear it won't be a patch on the '70s/'80s episodes but the good reviews mean I'll try my best to give it a go with an open mind.
Pedant:Winking:

Christine Keeler very good, well acted and BBC at its finest drama

Hope Dracula hits the mark tomorrow, trailers look good and of course The Doctor is back, though why moved from Christmas Day is a mystery ?

Christine Keeler very good, well acted and BBC at its finest drama

Hope Dracula hits the mark tomorrow, trailers look good and of course The Doctor is back, though why moved from Christmas Day is a mystery ?

I think that it's the same as last year, but the previous series on Dr Who was so poor I don't think I'll bother.

I haven't seen it yet but I saw an interview with Mackenzie Crook and the new adaption is based directly on the original books and has no relation to the Jon Pertwee TV series (which I used to love as well).

Terrible admission time. Mrs RHB wanted to watch Miranda on BBC1 tonight. I didn't think I was fussed but watch it I did and I have to admit I laughed my socks off at some of it and it was a very enjoyable piece of television. Miranda Hart is a very talented woman.

Back