• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Just watched ep1 of Dracula on BBC

Very good, interesting take on the original and great special effects

Recommend it on iPlayer if you haven’t seen it yet

Yes, Dracula excellent, great writing and acting. In sharp contrast, Mrs Brown's Boys wants dumping post haste, dreadful tripe.

Yep, really enjoyed the first part of Dracula in all departments. Loved a couple of one-liners he came out with; "You are what you eat" and "I'm undead, not unreasonable.....".

Yep, really enjoyed the first part of Dracula in all departments. Loved a couple of one-liners he came out with; "You are what you eat" and "I'm undead, not unreasonable.....".

I am normally not a fan of "updated" classics but agree this was class. Creepy and funny.

In todays world of he, she, they, it could well be an actor TUIB

In today's world of mandatory political correctness,perhaps.

Call yourself a Guardian reader?

Yes and I've been a regular reader ever since the 6th form,which in my case was sometime ago now.

FWIW, while I abhor sexism in the language I hate the use of Political Correctness just for its own sake.

Last edited:
In today's world of mandatory political correctness,perhaps.

Yes and I've been a regular reader ever since the 6th form,which in my case was sometime ago now.

FWIW, while I abhor sexism in the language I hate the use of Political Correctness just for its own sake.

OK boomer

It's not really PC for its own sake though is it. There's hardly any professions now that end in -ess which exclusively refer to women. It's not sexist, or PC, just the way language changes.

OK boomer

It's not really PC for its own sake though is it. There's hardly any professions now that end in -ess which exclusively refer to women. It's not sexist, or PC, just the way language changes.

Dunno the dungeon I visit once a month, I have to refer to The Mistress and shes all woman

OK boomer

Isn't it? Then please explain why the academy (and other film organisations) still nominate/award people for Best Actress and Best supporting actress categories?

I've been aware that the useage has changed over the last 10 years or so (in some circles) not the language as such.When a pefectly good term already exists (which isn't sexist as I understand the term) then why change it unnecessarily and arbitrarily? That smack of political correctness in my book.

Last edited:
Isn't it? Then please explain why the academy (and other film organisations) still nominate/award people for Best Actress and Best supporting actress categories?

I've been aware that the useage has changed over the last 10 years or so (in some circles) not the language as such.When a pefectly good term already exists (which isn't sexist as I understand the term) then why change it unnecessarily and arbitrarily? That smack of political correctness in my book.

Because Hollwood is systemically sexist and differentiates on the fall premise of sex. Someone is great acting, their sex is irrelevant.

Anyone watching Narcos? Any opinions?
I have been told it is very good (which I like) but also very violent which puts me off.

Back