• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

David Lynch's What Did Jack Do....Lynch plays a hardboiled detective who interrogates a monkey over a murder. No really.

I thought I had been spiked with brown acid....all very surreal (as you'd expect). On Netflix if you fancy 17 minutes of absolute weirdness.

Deadwater Fell - four part series on Channel 4 that finished last week. Ending was a little flat in the final episode but that David Tennant, he's one very fine actor.

Apart from in Good Omens which is tosh of the highest order.

You disagree? I wouldn't have thought it was your sort of thing at all.

One of my favourite Agatha Christie's is on tonight, well, the first of two parts is. The Pale Horse is one of my favourite of her books but I am expecting to be furious at the TV adaptation, as I have been with everything that's been done since David Suchet hung up his Poirot moustache :Sad: (It's not a Poirot).

You disagree? I wouldn't have thought it was your sort of thing at all.

One of my favourite Agatha Christie's is on tonight, well, the first of two parts is. The Pale Horse is one of my favourite of her books but I am expecting to be furious at the TV adaptation, as I have been with everything that's been done since David Suchet hung up his Poirot moustache :Sad: (It's not a Poirot).
Really? Love Gaiman. Devils, fantasy what’s not to love?

Just finished episodes 2 and 3 of Picard, Its very very good and building. I want all ten episodes now, no chance.

Finally binge watched The Trial of Christine Keeler. Superbly acted throughout. James Norton and Sophie Cookson were outstanding.

An interesting story, which really could have been renamed The Trial of Stephen Ward, which is a fascinating case in it's own right.

For anyone interested, I would highly recommend Keeler, Profumo, Ward & Me which is on iplayer and covers the Daily Express journalist at the time who broke the original story in 1963. Compulsive viewing.

Deadwater Fell worked OK for me. In a way it was good to have a non-twist in the final episode.

White House Farm is OK, too. Probably a bit long now. The classic six episodes commissioned, so we'll stretch the story into those six. Even the acting and pauses are slow to eat up time.

Inside No.9 was superb, as always. Brave taking on football with all the pedants saying things like the match wouldn't be abandoned at 5:42pm and the league wouldn't dock points that quickly, but look beyond that and the scriptwriting is right up there with their best stuff for me.

Last edited:
Watched Fox on London Live last night , one of the best dramas to come out the 80s , story of a South London family .

New Doctor Who very green and Eco warrior enjoying the series

It's all very preachy. I really enjoyed the "two Doctors" episode, it was cracking. Not so any of the others, though I'm a bit behind. I am on the verge of binning it which is a shame as I've been a fan since Tom Baker times (and the 80s were painful).

Just binge watched Ragnarok on Netflix.

Great acting. Mean and moody in a way the Scandinavians only know how.

Not everyone's cup of tea but I liked it

Back