• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Deadwater Fell worked OK for me. In a way it was good to have a non-twist in the final episode.

White House Farm is OK, too. Probably a bit long now. The classic six episodes commissioned, so we'll stretch the story into those six. Even the acting and pauses are slow to eat up time.

Inside No.9 was superb, as always. Brave taking on football with all the pedants saying things like the match wouldn't be abandoned at 5:42pm and the league wouldn't dock points that quickly, but look beyond that and the scriptwriting is right up there with their best stuff for me.
Dead water fell—— the twist was that it happened exactly the way you guessed after the first 5 mins. Very disappointing.

White House farm-I’m really enjoying it. The main thing is it has made me spend hours researching the case on the internet. There are a lot of really important questions that ( based on what I have read so far- which isn’t enough) haven’t been fully answered.

Baghdad central- have only watched 2 episodes but very much like it. Not Made in the US so probably a far better portrait of the Middle East than homeland etc

The end of White House Farm was wrapped up satisfactorily IMHO. Bamber looked like an unrepentant, arrogant ****, his ex-girlfriend a greedy opportunist.

Dead water fell—— the twist was that it happened exactly the way you guessed after the first 5 mins. Very disappointing.

White House farm-I’m really enjoying it. The main thing is it has made me spend hours researching the case on the internet. There are a lot of really important questions that ( based on what I have read so far- which isn’t enough) haven’t been fully answered.

Baghdad central- have only watched 2 episodes but very much like it. Not Made in the US so probably a far better portrait of the Middle East than homeland etc

I think the Bamber conviction is very dodgy. He may well have committed the crimes but the evidence against him was flimsy.

White house farm was poor in so many ways especially dragging it out for 6 episodes for just about 10 minutes of the trial.

As per usual if you do some research into the Bamber case, then life is far more interesting and stranger than fiction.

White house farm was poor in so many ways especially dragging it out for 6 episodes for just about 10 minutes of the trial.

As per usual if you do some research into the Bamber case, then life is far more interesting and stranger than fiction.

I thought is was pretty good although I would have liked to see how the evidence was presented in court.

From what I have read this was a dodgy conviction which is not to say Jeremy Bamber did not commit the murders.

The Bamber case is surrounded by police incompetence, which was touched on in the drama, and opportunism from others. It's unlikely a conviction would be upheld in a modern day investigation.

That said, modern day techniques would more likely place the perpetrator easily at the scene.

The whole case falls into two categories .. Could Sheila Caffell have been capable of carrying out the murders v. Was the evidence sound enough beyond reasonable doubt that Jeremy Bamber was the sole murderer. Neither scenario has enough going for it to be 100% safe as a conviction.

Just watched The Masked Singer

I won't reveal the winner, but suffice to say it's someone who has always been vastly underrated as a performer.

Haha. I just watched The Masked Singer. Spoiler alert. Don't read if you don't want to know anything.

Oh dear. The last 3 were all proper singers, which sort of makes a mockery of the show. One had an operatic voice, surprise surprise, Katherine Jenkins. Jason Manford is a comedian, but also a proper singer for years, and has even recorded an album. The Chinese judge was clueless, as the winner had a great voice, and he said it's definitely Cheryl Cole. Has he not heard Cheryl Cole sing?

Which was the point I was making.

We all look for twists in dramas and come to expect them, so it was good to not have one and focus more on the horrors of domestic abuse and worse.

Just watched The Masked Singer

I won't reveal the winner, but suffice to say it's someone who has always been vastly underrated as a performer.

Yes, though I spotted her very early on. Octopus was quite obvious too once the operatic voice came to the fore though she did well disguising her voice too.

Hedgehog was interesting, he played a blinder double bluffing people and being under contract with the Beeb at the same time!

To answer TSNB, I don't think having three singers in the final three makes a mockery of it - Donny Osmond came 2nd in the US version, it's more people who are not so much in the public eye at the moment for whatever reason. Which also makes Hedgehog a bit of an odd choice as he's rarely out of it!

My favourite was Jake Shears as Unicorn, totally embraced the character and love his voice anyway.

The mockery bit is because people at home want it to be a celebrity or famous person that you didn't know had a good voice. And that's how they sold the show at first.

I thought is was pretty good although I would have liked to see how the evidence was presented in court.

From what I have read this was a dodgy conviction which is not to say Jeremy Bamber did not commit the murders.

The list is endless when it comes to things that aren't right with this case but if we just take the main characters in this drama and how they portrayed them.

Jeremy Bamber.... They wanted him to look as bad as possible, so added the scenes like poor Crispy being put down....I've killed my mum and now I will even kill her dog i am so evil. The truth is there were two dogs. The labrador that was found a home but no one wanted Cripsy, not June Bamber's sister or Anne Eaton. As he was an old traumatised lad dog so the vet suggested having him put down. Plus the selling of the photos to the Sun was not how it happened etc.

Julie Mugford....Poor Julie the dower little mouse, who was under a mixture of fear and control by the evil JB. In real life a schemer and fraudster who only went to the police after she was dumped. She had plenty of unrecorded meetings with police so had perfect opportunities to produce a convincing story. She had already lined up a deal with the news of the world, only if JB was convicted. The jury were not aware of this.

Taff Jones.....Social media has people outraged by this vile copper with obvious little man syndrome. Of course he wasn't as bad as that and you had to be a certain height to join the Police back then. There were plenty of mistakes and clearly some sort of cover up as to what really happened in those first 12 hours of events.

They could have explored the various rumours that Taff was about to reveal all before the trial. Shame he was found dead at the bottom of a ladder in his back garden. Apparently his injuries showed they could have been caused by a fall.

Stan Jones....The one copper with integrity fighting for justice. In the real world he changed peoples statements to make Bamber look much more guilty. Even Colin Caffell complained to senior officers but they were never changed. Nice one Stan, if you have convinced someone that JB is the killer then they won't stand up in court and say thats really not what was said between me and Jeremy.

As for trial. Yes they should have had more of the story in the court room. One of the most damming bits of evidence was the silencer found by the cousins. The truth is that gun cupboard was searched twice by different police teams and a full inventory of every item listed....You can find the inventory on line if you wan't but there is no silencer listed on each search.

When it was handed in by the family, it was left in a desk draw rather than correctly stored. Probably because one of the cousins had already lied and said Jeremy had wounds to his hands on the day after the murders. The police knew this was a lie as they had photographed his hands the day after.

They Jury asked if the cousins would benefit financially if JB was convicted....They committed perjury and said No.

There is a good youtube vid which now shows crime scene photos taken on the morning and some weeks later of the red mantlepiece. Anyone can clearly see that those scratches were made after the events. As well as proving the blood could have come from of all things rabbits.

Does make you wonder whether Stan suggested the silencer whist enjoying a few whiskies around their house or did Anne and co think it all up by themselves.

Anyway if any of you do have an interest in the case look up jeremy-bamber.co.uk. the defence case.

The bit that I found the most interesting was the messages from the fire arms team.

The list is endless when it comes to things that aren't right with this case but if we just take the main characters in this drama and how they portrayed them.

Jeremy Bamber.... They wanted him to look as bad as possible, so added the scenes like poor Crispy being put down....I've killed my mum and now I will even kill her dog i am so evil. The truth is there were two dogs. The labrador that was found a home but no one wanted Cripsy, not June Bamber's sister or Anne Eaton. As he was an old traumatised lad dog so the vet suggested having him put down. Plus the selling of the photos to the Sun was not how it happened etc.

Julie Mugford....Poor Julie the dower little mouse, who was under a mixture of fear and control by the evil JB. In real life a schemer and fraudster who only went to the police after she was dumped. She had plenty of unrecorded meetings with police so had perfect opportunities to produce a convincing story. She had already lined up a deal with the news of the world, only if JB was convicted. The jury were not aware of this.

Taff Jones.....Social media has people outraged by this vile copper with obvious little man syndrome. Of course he wasn't as bad as that and you had to be a certain height to join the Police back then. There were plenty of mistakes and clearly some sort of cover up as to what really happened in those first 12 hours of events.

They could have explored the various rumours that Taff was about to reveal all before the trial. Shame he was found dead at the bottom of a ladder in his back garden. Apparently his injuries showed they could have been caused by a fall.

Stan Jones....The one copper with integrity fighting for justice. In the real world he changed peoples statements to make Bamber look much more guilty. Even Colin Caffell complained to senior officers but they were never changed. Nice one Stan, if you have convinced someone that JB is the killer then they won't stand up in court and say thats really not what was said between me and Jeremy.

As for trial. Yes they should have had more of the story in the court room. One of the most damming bits of evidence was the silencer found by the cousins. The truth is that gun cupboard was searched twice by different police teams and a full inventory of every item listed....You can find the inventory on line if you wan't but there is no silencer listed on each search.

When it was handed in by the family, it was left in a desk draw rather than correctly stored. Probably because one of the cousins had already lied and said Jeremy had wounds to his hands on the day after the murders. The police knew this was a lie as they had photographed his hands the day after.

They Jury asked if the cousins would benefit financially if JB was convicted....They committed perjury and said No.

There is a good youtube vid which now shows crime scene photos taken on the morning and some weeks later of the red mantlepiece. Anyone can clearly see that those scratches were made after the events. As well as proving the blood could have come from of all things rabbits.

Does make you wonder whether Stan suggested the silencer whist enjoying a few whiskies around their house or did Anne and co think it all up by themselves.

Anyway if any of you do have an interest in the case look up jeremy-bamber.co.uk. the defence case.

The bit that I found the most interesting was the messages from the fire arms team.

Agreed, I have read a lot on there, but I fully appreciate that I haven’t read enough from two view points.

I guess the most obvious example being (admittedly not from that website) that Sheila originally only had one entry wound because the police pathogist said “one wound” in his statement.
On its own that looks very iffy, until you read his while statement and see that he uses that phrase for every body.

I do find it surprising that the website hasn’t made a simple video with house plans to show what could/ could not be seen from certain vantage points AND a time line.

I think that would help far more to understand the statements and the significance/ non significance of certain points

Unfortunately the police clearly ****ed up the crime scene and are clearly lying/mistaken **on some points. However whether those points actually would make a difference is another matter.

I say mistaken as I say am excellent documentary once where a studio audience was taken to a pubfor lunch.
At lunch a guy gets stabbed. What they didn’t know was the place was covered in cctv and the staff/ victim/culprit were actors.
Real police came in and interviewed witnesses.

The program then broke the screen into three showing what actually happened, the view the witness had ( dozens of cameras and microphones were used) and what the witness said.

You would be amazed by what people were 100% sure they had seen and what they actually saw.

An expert explained afterwards how our mind feels in the gaps based on our memories and experiences and logic.
Very frightening

Back