• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Enjoyed (the repeat of) the Eric Burden documentary on BBC 4 last night.Think the band featured late on in the programme was the one he brought to Barna about 10 years ago now.Certainly remember him playing Sam and Dave's Hold on I'm coming.
Well worth seeing again .

Yes, very interesting especially how the drummer "fixed" the royalties and shafted his band mates.
Some great songs and authentic geordie boys tales.

Not the drummer but Alan Price, who arranged the song and presumably claimed a composer's royalty for writing it too.Heartfelt finger from Eric whose vocal made the Animal's version, of course.

Tonight's Panarama program. It did an exposé on the illegal Indian call centres masquerading as Microsoft Support. We've probably all had phone calls from these scumbags, but Panarama has footage of them inside their call centres via a guy that hacked their systems and their CCTV. Well worth a watch if you missed it.

Tonight's Panarama program. It did an exposé on the illegal Indian call centres masquerading as Microsoft Support. We've probably all had phone calls from these scumbags, but Panarama has footage of them inside their call centres via a guy that hacked their systems and their CCTV. Well worth a watch if you missed it.
I love the way there is a large online internet community of people that are scam baiting and catching these low life parasites.

But I am also surprised BT and other OK landline companies do not just block these mainly Indian scammers, and their fake UK phone numbers.

If not for my broadband I would do away with a landline. I never use it to make outgoing calls and I know everytime it rings it's a scam call.

I love the way there is a large online internet community of people that are scam baiting and catching these low life parasites.

But I am also surprised BT and other OK landline companies do not just block these mainly Indian scammers, and their fake UK phone numbers.
Bt call centres are in India. Personally I have no services with a foreign phone link. Support British jobs

Bt call centres are in India. Personally I have no services with a foreign phone link. Support British jobs
Agreed, I have international calls blocked on my landline and "BT Call Protect", but the trouble is that the scammers in India and other parts of the world are channelling there scam phone calls though redirect services based in the UK, so it appears to be from a UK based phone number.

It is a bit like another pet hate of mine, which is online auction sites that say "UK Stock", or a "Union Jack Flag" so you think they are based in the UK, only to find out after you have purchased that it is being shipped on a slow boat from ruddy China or Hong Kong.

Agreed, I have international calls blocked on my landline and "BT Call Protect", but the trouble is that the scammers in India and other parts of the world are channelling there scam phone calls though redirect services based in the UK, so it appears to be from a UK based phone number.

It is a bit like another pet hate of mine, which is online auction sites that say "UK Stock", or a "Union Jack Flag" so you think they are based in the UK, only to find out after you have purchased that it is being shipped on a slow boat from ruddy China or Hong Kong.
My actions, don’t answer the phone if I don’t recognise the number, proper callers with leave a message. Hey DB bt are one of the worst companies for Indian call centres

Murder 24/7 in Colchester two homeless people stabbed one killed , a Somalian drug dealer ( murderer ) gets basically off , British justice , joke

Very similar to last week but with a reversed outcome. Still what goes around comes around, John Birch was involved in a murder when he was just 16/17......No doubt he will be offending and draining us all, until the day he dies

Penny Dreadful - worthwhile or avoid? Has more than decent reviews but can't find anyone who has watched it.
Also, just started True Detective - Matthew Mcconaughey is one of the best actors around IMO and I'm pretty much hooked after episode one. Have heard season 2 is nowhere near as good mind.

Last edited:
Penny Dreadful - worthwhile or avoid? Has more than decent reviews but can't find anyone who has watched it.
Also, just started True Detective - Matthew Mcconaughey is one of the best actors around IMO and I'm pretty much hooked after episode one. Have heard season 2 is nowhere near as good mind.

S2 of TD is abysmal.

Back