• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Used to love Wheeler Dealers, the classic ones in the UK with Edd China. Hated it when Discovery’s US mob bought it and shipped them out there and turned it like every other US car show. Which is a shame because Edd China should be working his magic on cars on TV and Ant Anstead is a genius wasted on that new gen version of the show.
I only watch the original UK ones with Mike Brewer and Edd China, agree the yank ones are naff.

Edd China is a superb mechanic, but reminds me of
an old school raver ! I bet he was into the Acid House scene back in the day, as he regularly sports an old smiley tee ?

I have a car mad mate into old Fords, and he is a mate of Big Ed China and states that Big Ed is top bloke.
I think Ant (and Elvis) are good too but Brewer is annoying.

I have a car mad mate into old Fords, and he is a mate of Big Ed China and states that Big Ed is top bloke.
I can totally imagine that Mike Brewer being irritating

That Edd China fella is apparently 6’ 7”

Last edited:

I’ve always found that both Edd and Ant spend most of their time defending Mike off air in interviews. He’s dedicated etc etc.. doesn’t change the fact he’s an annoying **** though.

Season 2 of After Life, absolutely brilliant! Gervais is the gift that just keeps on giving. I thought he’d struggle to after Derek but this was outstanding again!
Have to agree,the man is a genius imo,but also a big clap for all the wonderful actors and actresses in this brilliant series as well.

Have to agree,the man is a genius imo,but also a big clap for all the wonderful actors and actresses in this brilliant series as well.

Have you ever watched the outtakes of any of his shows? He looks like he has a great bond with everyone but Ricky is the worst for ruining a scene by laughing. The caravan scene in Derek is one of the worst he just couldn’t stop laughing at what Kev had to do.

I see an interview with him once where he said some gaffs was on purpose to ease some members of his staff, the bloke loves a laugh plus he likes to stick it up the Hollywood luvvies once in a while.

RG seems to be playing himself in After Life, but the underlying tone of depression is some of the finest acting I've seen. So subtle and understated.

Have you ever watched the outtakes of any of his shows? He looks like he has a great bond with everyone but Ricky is the worst for ruining a scene by laughing. The caravan scene in Derek is one of the worst he just couldn’t stop laughing at what Kev had to do.
Not seen those, but the Ricky Gervais guide to.. series on Audible are very funny, its with Stephen Merchant and stooge Carl Pilkington.

Pilkington is hilarious and Gervais is at his best and worst in taking the ****

Not seen those, but the Ricky Gervais guide to.. series on Audible are very funny, its with Stephen Merchant and stooge Carl Pilkington.

Pilkington is hilarious and Gervais is at his best and worst in taking the ****

Love the 3 of them together. The first season of An Idiot Abroad was brilliant.

Gangs of London - 3 episodes in.
Okay, nothing that hasn't been done before. Stupidly unbelievable fight scenes but beats repeats of Bargain Hunt.

Exactly how im finding this , im also on ep 3 and although some fight scenes are up there with hollywood stunts etc i find Sean a bit wet and can;t buy into the fact he is feared and is running such an organisation

I've only watched the 1st episode of gangs of London. Enjoyed it, I thought the fight scenes were a bit ridiculous though. Looking forward to watching the rest, it's taking time to get through series with me and the other half both still working so will plough through slowly but surely

Back