• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

I've only watched the 1st episode of gangs of London. Enjoyed it, I thought the fight scenes were a bit ridiculous though. Looking forward to watching the rest, it's taking time to get through series with me and the other half both still working so will plough through slowly but surely

Is it loosely based on the Essex Boys story and the ICF like most UK gangster based films?

Is it loosely based on the Essex Boys story and the ICF like most UK gangster based films?
No not really, well not as far as I've seen (I've only watched the 1st feature length episode)

One thing that I've found odd though is the pikeys in it have welsh accents rather than the usual irish/pikey

Watched the first episode of The English Game thought it was quite good.

Never watched breaking bad, started Better Call saul today, it's not bad.
stick with BCS, it's worth it. However, I'd recommend watching BB first, because you get so much more from BCS by knowing the events of BB. They're supposed to be watch that way around even though it's not chronological.

I watched 5 or 6 episodes of BCS, never stuck with me so I dumped it. Maybe should have another go.

I've only watched the 1st episode of Gangs of London. Enjoyed it, I thought the fight scenes were a bit ridiculous though. Looking forward to watching the rest, it's taking time to get through series with me and the other half both still working so will plough through slowly but surely
I'm only on episode 2 myself

I've only watched the 1st episode of gangs of London. Enjoyed it, I thought the fight scenes were a bit ridiculous though. Looking forward to watching the rest, it's taking time to get through series with me and the other half both still working so will plough through slowly but surely
Stay with it, the plot outweighs the violence as the series progresses.

I watched 5 or 6 episodes of BCS, never stuck with me so I dumped it. Maybe should have another go.
Much like Breaking Bad the first season of BCS is pretty slow, if you can get through that then the pace picks up quite a lot.

Gardiner's World, hour long, lots of stuff for beginners and allotment users. They have adapted programme well for the covid season.

2 was okay now I come to think of it. In my opinion it went on a season too long.
Season 5 was shortened due to the writer's strike and I think that had an impact on how that story was told. I didn't quite take to the journalism storyline but also it could be quite relevant today, so I'm doing a rewatch at the moment.

People tend not to like Season 2 because it's so unlike Season 1, but I think it's absolutely fantastic. Season 4 with the kids/school is amazing. If you're in it for the Barksdales and that storyline then can see why 1 and 3 are your favourites. TBH it's all amazing really.

Back