• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Our Lives - 30min documentary on Anthony, 17yr old lad in care and his love of Northern Soul and the community around it. Lovely.

Twas on the BBC last night.

Our Lives - 30min documentary on Anthony, 17yr old lad in care and his love of Northern Soul and the community around it. Lovely.

Twas on the BBC last night.
I will get that on catch up thanks for the tip.
I would like to hear more Northern Soul on the radio, anyone know a proper radio station for it?.

I would like to hear more Northern Soul on the radio, anyone know a proper radio station for it?.

I don't but there is a podcast by a bloke called Tizzy who plays a lot. He's moved into a bit of modern soul these days but the early ones were all Northern Soul.

@callan used to be the man for Northern Soul but he no longer posts as far as I know.

I don't but there is a podcast by a bloke called Tizzy who plays a lot. He's moved into a bit of modern soul these days but the early ones were all Northern Soul.

@callan used to be the man for Northern Soul but he no longer posts as far as I know.

Keep a eye out for Northern Soul nights at The Regal in Stanford Le Hope. Really good nights.

Started on This Country - loved it. Apparantly my niece is in one episode so I shall keep an eye out.

Ploughed through series one and two of Carnivale, an HBO offering on Now TV. Very dark, sometimes slow, but addictive.

One of RobNoxious's mates and fellow DJ's with Radio Penzance (the one who used to go out with Alison Moyet) is heavily into Northern Soul +plays a lot on Rob's show.You could always pm Rob. for a link when he's next due to be on.

Saw that documentary on Kraftwerk on France's Arte channel on Friday night.Good programme but I¡d seen it before on Friday night's BBC4 I think.I's the one with Paul Morley (probaby he UK's best pop/rock commenator,being interviewed about the band.

Enjoyed the final couple of episodes of Ordinary People earlier (on playback).

I detect a bit of a theme here

Enjoyed epsodes 5/6 of Normal People people last night.Frankly I don't see what the fuss about the soft focus sex is all about.

It's coming to something though, when even the BBC's own anouncer says that she's seen the whole series already on iplayer and recommends everyone else to do the same.

Enjoyed BBC4's trbute to Chas and Dave /Last Orders + Pulp/Common people earlier.

Back