• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

I really enjoyed the Shadows doc too. The Marvin, Welch & Farrar albums sound great, I need to check those out.

And that lacklustre Kinks show was from 1977 - well after Lola.

Thought I saw 1971 on the credits.Mind you I confess to having had a few by then.IIRC, Lola wasn't even played which is why I probably thought it was from beforehand.Agree that it was a lacklustre show.Saw them here in the 80's and they'd rediscovered their mojo by then.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the Shadows doc too. The Marvin, Welch & Farrar albums sound great, I need to check those out.

And that lacklustre Kinks show was from 1977 - well after Lola.
I've always wondered about Hank Marvin. When he goes to parties and he introduces himself, do people always dash off and get him food ? :Think:

Universe with Brian Cox.

I enjoy the material but why fly Brian Cox to every corner of the globe when he could make his point from a studio.

“Kevin can f**k himself”
King of queens meets everybody loves Raymond meets Mike and molly but with a dark story thrown into the mix.
Different but imho not brilliant .

Enjoyed squid games and nicely set up for another series.
However a couple of things made no sense ( don’t know how to do spoilers so won’t add anything).

better to watch with subtitles in my opinion
Yes, I was very confused about the old man as there seemed to be 3 different versions of him at the end!

It's horrible to watch but weirdly addictive.

Very late to the party but I've been binge watching Succession. Think it is brilliant.
How Jesse Armstrong went from Peep show to this? Chalk and cheese but both brilliant.

Just watched the BBC programme about the revival of Macclesfield FC and how Robbie Savage was brought in as Director of Football interesting watch
I watched that too and I agree was interesting to watch.Good to see the locals have football to watch again

Foundation based on isaac asimovs books ( loosely) amazing visual effects. And a very good story line

Just watched the BBC programme about the revival of Macclesfield FC and how Robbie Savage was brought in as Director of Football interesting watch
Also watched this.

They are in level 9 of the pyramid (we are currently at level 5 with the premiership at level 1) Just goes to show the sort of things that go on behind closed doors. It was eye opening to to watch Robbie talking about the players required and the cost and it related to a playing budget of £150k - £200k and the demands of some of the players at that level. Some wanted to be the main poster boy as people come into the ground, others wanted free food for their families in the bar and restuarants. Who'd run a football club.

Valley of tears. Ten part drama about the battle of Yom kippur. Not quite band of brothers but a good watch

Back