• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

I don’t see how it can have any credibility whatsoever without Lydon’s buy in .. it’s well known that Steve Jones wasn’t his biggest fan so on that basis, I won’t watch.

Lydon comes across quite well, especially at the charity gig on Christmas day. He's an impossible man to tie down. Contrary to all.

Just finished Ozark great TV series.On 4th season of Stranger Things now

Lydon comes across quite well, especially at the charity gig on Christmas day. He's an impossible man to tie down. Contrary to all.
I also think that Lydon gets a presentation that is more positive than any other sentiment. Sid does get a very sad and disconcerting role but then that may have been accurate, however Sid was John's best mate so that would have been difficult for Lydon.

I generally enjoy watching/reading about music genres over the years but there is something that really irritates me about commentators of the punk scene and how they seem unable to move on.

I generally enjoy watching/reading about music genres over the years but there is something that really irritates me about commentators of the punk scene and how they seem unable to move on.
Before my time obvs but the whole scene was incredibly transformative of not just music but the whole artistic movement. You could say the same of the late 60s/acid house/ Britpop.

Good stuff from a good cast - the little lad who played Leon was great as was Monica Dolan as the foster mother
It was. Lovely how the characters weren't (excuse the term) black and white charactures but had depth. Like the foster mum's sister and Chris Ecclestone (though he warranted a much larger role)

Try 'Your Honor' on amazon prime with Brian Cranston. A brilliantly written and performed series!

Suspect on C4. 1 hour of my life I'll never see again. I won't be bothering with the rest.
If you had recorded it (as Mrs RHB has done) you could have fast forwarded the adverts and probably recovered 20 minutes of your wasted watching time.

If you had recorded it (as Mrs RHB has done) you could have fast forwarded the adverts and probably recovered 20 minutes of your wasted watching time.

Very true. However it will not be darkening my TV again when there is so much other better telly out there.

The best thing about your post is that I shall make myself very scarce when she does the binge watch of all the episodes, so thank you.

It is truly awful. Nesbitt's character is such an unlikeable f-wit, a total cliche of the "cop with problems". I don't usually do police procedural dramas and now I know why.

It is truly awful. Nesbitt's character is such an unlikeable f-wit, a total cliche of the "cop with problems". I don't usually do police procedural dramas and now I know why.
Surely not as bad a the latest Stranger Things series is it?

As we had watched and enjoyed Series 1&2 we started the latest series 3 of the Boys on Amazon Prime. Chucked it in after the first few minutes of the first episode as there is probably one of the most revolting scenes I have ever seen, and no, I'm not going to repeat it on here.

Back