• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Coming very late to the party but we watched series 1 of Happy Valley. We read about Sarah Lancashire's career taking off after it and we'd seen her and David Hyde Pierce in Julia a short mini series on Julia Child the US TV cookery pioneer and loved it.
Blooming heck. Brilliant writing, scenery, depiction of the underbelly of British society, excellent thriller and quite astonishing acting. How we missed this is a mystery. It's quite harrowing to watch emotionally as it's so good. Need to wait a while to watch series 2.

Last edited:
The Offer on Paramount. A 10 part series on how The Godfather film came about and was eventually made. Really good and very interesting with some very surprising facts.
8/10

Coming very late to the party but we watched series 1 of Happy Valley. We read about Sarah Lancashire's career taking off after it and we'd seen her and David Hyde Pierce in Julia a short mini series on Julia Child the US TV cookery pioneer and loved it.
Blooming heck. Brilliant writing, scenery, depiction of the underbelly of British society, excellent thriller and quite astonishing acting. How we missed this is a mystery. It's quite harrowing to watch emotionally as it's so good. Need to wait a while to watch series 2.
OK watched series 2. Equally brilliant. Embarrassed that we missed it when it came round. 6 episodes is about right to keep the story taught and interesting. Far too many series are overlong and padded. Happy Valley is excellent writing and excellent acting. Dead easy.

The Offer on Paramount. A 10 part series on how The Godfather film came about and was eventually made. Really good and very interesting with some very surprising facts.
8/10
Liked the sound of this so just watched the 1st episode, very promising!

Romantic subplots always lead to cast changes on Death In Paradise.

I am hoping DI Neville is on his way. Ralph Little was wrong for the role from day one.

Reactions: ESG
Finished the American Office. Absolutely brilliant even the later seasons. Gutted I’ve finished it now.
The thing that surprised me is I actually liked catherine tate in it and I usually can't stand her. She is actually funny in the office

Back