• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Watched the first episode on sky of ‘the last of us’ I have played and completed the game so I was hyped for it and the first episode did not disappoint, did seem like a Game of Thrones reunion with two of the leading cast both in that show as well

You don’t have to have played the game to enjoy it so give it a go, also when you see it got a 9.7 IMDB score for the first episode when most great shows get an 8 you can’t go wrong

Yeah really enjoyed it, I could not decide how to watch it so I googled a good order to watch them in and I’m glad I did as I thought I was the perfect order

View attachment 24376

I just watched it in the order served up and really enjoyed the concept of it all. No "big finish" but still a really good watch.

Finished the US Traitors Friday evening (Em is very good at falling asleep on the sofa circa 930!) so took a bit longer to watch it than it should have done. Really good again and thankfully wasn't too "dramatic" which i was expecting. Alan Cummings was a fantastic host, much different to Claude (who I'm also not a huge fan of, but she came across okay on the UK version)

Gunna watch the Chippendales thing on Disney next week as got some decent reviews.

Saw and enyoyed John Snow's documentary on C4 earlier How to Live to be a 100. Not that I have any plans in that regard but JS was probably always my favourite TV journalist when he was on C4 news. A lot of food for thought here!

Been a long time lover of Death in Paradise and now I find myself watching things like the Madame Blanc Mysteries and Shakespeare and Hathaway

The Rig.Was really looking forward to it as great cast but was a bit disappointed by it

Binged the US Traitors over the last couple of days - loved it almost as much as the UK one, though a very different outcome.

I wondered why they didn't do that lining up thing at the beginning, I missed the two being unmasked in the church - also missed the dinner party where they had to name the person they trusted the most. That was Amanda's undoing in the UK one.

I'd love to know if the Traitors are prohibited from throwing out clues as to the others' identity as it was clear to me that Arie could have. Didn't Kieran do pretty much that here?

Also I thought they were a bit naive at the end because they KNEW there were three to start with, Arie said he was signed up during the game so there still had to be ONE left out of those final three. Cirie played a great game though.

Binged the US Traitors over the last couple of days - loved it almost as much as the UK one, though a very different outcome.

I wondered why they didn't do that lining up thing at the beginning, I missed the two being unmasked in the church - also missed the dinner party where they had to name the person they trusted the most. That was Amanda's undoing in the UK one.

I'd love to know if the Traitors are prohibited from throwing out clues as to the others' identity as it was clear to me that Arie could have. Didn't Kieran do pretty much that here?

Also I thought they were a bit naive at the end because they KNEW there were three to start with, Arie said he was signed up during the game so there still had to be ONE left out of those final three. Cirie played a great game though.
Just started watching

I found the uk version so stressful aha 😂

I found the uk version so stressful aha 😂
Got really hooked on the UK one. Yet to watch the US one. Heard its good but can imagine being a bit more cringe than the UK one. I think half the contestants are much better known celebrities too?

Finished up The Gilded Age recently. Pretty decent. If you liked Downton Abbey then it's probably up your street, and American history has always interested me so interesting to see the depiction of New York and its changing society in the 19th Century. Strong actors (including Meryl Streep's daughter) and likeable characters.

Back