• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Got really hooked on the UK one. Yet to watch the US one. Heard its good but can imagine being a bit more cringe than the UK one. I think half the contestants are much better known celebrities too?
Not so much celebrities as mostly reality show celebrities. There is an Olympic swimmer in there but the rest are mostly off reality shows. Some ordinary folk but mostly people who have a high opinion of themselves because of their TV "careers".

Mick Fleetwood and Friends , Sky Arts , Legend after Legend . Great to see Leighs Dave Bronze with all the Rock Royalty .

Not so much celebrities as mostly reality show celebrities. There is an Olympic swimmer in there but the rest are mostly off reality shows. Some ordinary folk but mostly people who have a high opinion of themselves because of their TV "careers".
It’s weird, the uk version is meant to be ‘ordinary’ people but half already had a talent agent. I.e. magician, author, comedian, actors etc. Tv show contestants. Not saying they aren’t normal people but certainly already had experience being on tv/ in the media

Got really hooked on the UK one. Yet to watch the US one. Heard its good but can imagine being a bit more cringe than the UK one. I think half the contestants are much better known celebrities too?
lol yeah I expect the USA one to be super dramatic

Saw and enyoyed John Snow's documentary on C4 earlier How to Live to be a 100. Not that I have any plans in that regard but JS was probably always my favourite TV journalist when he was on C4 news. A lot of food for thought here!
I used to respect him but gone off of him in the last few years

lol yeah I expect the USA one to be super dramatic
There are two women in the US one called Brandi and Kate - both brash and brassy with typically over filled lips. Most of the men are muscle bound hunks. The rest of the women are quite normal. I enjoyed it very much.

Started watching Criminal Minds, there is about 300 odd episodes. Season 1 appears very low budget but the content is great and has some good actors who’ve had good or gone onto have good careers.

There are two women in the US one called Brandi and Kate - both brash and brassy with typically over filled lips. Most of the men are muscle bound hunks. The rest of the women are quite normal. I enjoyed it very much.
Only one of the men was what I would call muscle bound 😂- loved Kate however.

Watched the first episode on sky of ‘the last of us’ I have played and completed the game so I was hyped for it and the first episode did not disappoint, did seem like a Game of Thrones reunion with two of the leading cast both in that show as well

You don’t have to have played the game to enjoy it so give it a go, also when you see it got a 9.7 IMDB score for the first episode when most great shows get an 8 you can’t go wrong
I'm not familiar with the computer game but your right still very good.Watched first 3 and really enjoyed them

Last edited:
The last of us.

It's pretty good however my son keeps pointing out all the differences between the game and the TV show.

Ep3 was some of the best telly I have ever seen and there was hardly a zombie thing in sight.
You might think somebody like myself with let’s say a more conservative nature would have scoffed at that episode but I found it superb and heartwarming. I have found the whole series superb.

Quite enjoyed (the repeat of) Police's Hatfield Poly concert on BBB4 earlier.Probably because it was only a year later,in 1980, that I saw them live in Badalona.They were a lot more polished by then.

Fourth series of Fauda on Netflix which has a fair bit of subtitles which would sometimes put me off but feel this is worth the extra concentration required.

Although I do find it rather ironic that they greet each other with ‘may peace be with you’ and within in minutes are involved in a shoot out.

Back