• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

It was a typo!
That's rather what I thought you'd say.However I suspect you're too much of a details man (and your photo proves you have the original 78) to make a "mistake" like this unless of course it was a deliberate one. :Winking: I wonder if you'd be prepared to share with us a detailed explanation of why you didn't rate Steven Speilberg's latest film and what you think of Woody Allen's films?

Last edited:
Saw the Baftas ealier.Probably the best thing they ever did -a few years back now-was moving the ceremony to before the Oscars.Was rather disappointed that Banshees didn't do rather better.Otherwise no great suprise that All Quiet did so well-it won't win so big at the Oscars.

its on iplayer.
Binge watched it this weekend.

Disappointing that the tasks where identicle to the UK version, though I fast forwarded through them. Drama at the round table brilliant as ever and what an ending!! Saw that coming tbh but at the same time can't believe she had the balls to do that. Great watch! .. if only you could see the Aussie one, best of the lot!

Checked with my wife and it was about 10 years ago that she had a BAE= a linguistic term for Black American English TA or Teaching Assistant from NY working with her.That's relevant for two reasons.First it show how long this has been on your mind.Second (as I'm sure you'll remember) at the time I asked her to check with himas to how he felt about being referred to as coloured.IIRC (and I do) he replied that it wasn't a racist term merely old -fashioned.

I'm quie happy to be called -even indirectly- old fashioned though I certainly don't appreciate your insinuation that I'm a racist.Frankly I'm not.

Of course since the advent of the BLM movement we've alll become much more careful about the terms we use to describe race.Which is why I'd almost certainly use the words black or BAME rather than coloured today.Plus la change and all that.

.Incidentally I have no problem with footballers taking the knee before games .I'd imagine that you're not so sanguine about it?

Last edited:
Checked with my wife and it was about 10 years ago that she had a BAE= a linguistic term for Black American English TA or Teaching Assistant from NY working with her.That's relevant for two reasons.First it show how long this has been on your mind.Second (as I'm sure you'll remember) at the time I asked her to check with himas to how he felt about being referred to as coloured.IIRC (and I do) he replied that it wasn't a racist term merely old -fashioned.

I'm quie happy to be called -even indirectly- old fashioned though I certainly don't appreciate your insinuation that I'm a racist.Frankly I'm not.

Of course since the advent of the BLM movement we've alll become much more careful about the terms we use to describe race.Which is why I'd almost certainly use the words black or BAME rather than coloured today.Plus la change and all that.

.Incidentally I have no problem with footballers taking the knee before games .I'd imagine that you're not so sanguine about it?
More on your mind considering the waffle above. Imagine away, I have never used the phrase 'coloured'

Put me on ignore now, there's a good bigot.

Back