• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

It was amazing, incredible energy for 80yr old.
Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers) wasn't doing so bad either at 60 appproaching in October ...

Doing walking handstands on stage and jumping around like a teenager on speed!

Not sure what these musicians are on but I think we all need some! Lol

Only Glastonbury I caught was Kendrick Lamar, which was brilliant. Anything else worth looking at on catch up? Will have a look at McCartney but anything else catch anyone's eyes as a bit special

Only Glastonbury I caught was Kendrick Lamar, which was brilliant. Anything else worth looking at on catch up? Will have a look at McCartney but anything else catch anyone's eyes as a bit special

First Aid Kit were great and enjoyed Olivia Rodrigo - as did Mk Jnr. She's got some great tunes.

Never heard of them, which can often be good 👍🏻

I haven't caught up with Elbow or Pet Shop Boys yet but by all accounts they were both great as well. Beabadoobie was decent, and I want to try and catch Amyll & The Sniffers.
Diana Ross was ok but her voice has gone unfortunately.

Watched Man Vs Bee, it's clearly just a movie that some exec at Netflix decided to cut into 10 minute segments. Thought it started out alright when he was just accidentally breaking stuff but once the protagonist started deliberately smashing up priceless artifacts to get to the bee it got a bit silly even for slapstick comedy. The bit at the end felt really tacked on as well just so it didn't end on a downer.

Watched Man Vs Bee, it's clearly just a movie that some exec at Netflix decided to cut into 10 minute segments. Thought it started out alright when he was just accidentally breaking stuff but once the protagonist started deliberately smashing up priceless artifacts to get to the bee it got a bit silly even for slapstick comedy. The bit at the end felt really tacked on as well just so it didn't end on a downer.

It seems to be a trope on Netflix now that they're throwing money at people to make them content who peaked a long time ago. Mike Myers has a new show where he's playing multiple characters a la Austin Powers 2&3. A new Rowan Atkinson movie which is very "Mr Bean-ish", I saw a new sitcom vehicle pop up the other day for Melissa McCarthy.

Very rarely, these punts pay off for them (My Name is Dolemite - Eddie Murphy).

The Midwich Cuckoos on Sky. 7 parter remake of the John Wyndham book with Keeley Hawes and Max Beesley. Starts a bit slowly but builds well and is an enjoyable watch. 7/10

It seems to be a trope on Netflix now that they're throwing money at people to make them content who peaked a long time ago. Mike Myers has a new show where he's playing multiple characters a la Austin Powers 2&3. A new Rowan Atkinson movie which is very "Mr Bean-ish", I saw a new sitcom vehicle pop up the other day for Melissa McCarthy.

Very rarely, these punts pay off for them (My Name is Dolemite - Eddie Murphy).
They get paid if people subscribe not if the show is any good. Big names entice people to subscribe.

It’s similar to Hollywood where big names were used to sell movies (although in recent years we seem to be seeing a shift away from the likes of Hanks/Cruise/Di Caprio/Sandler headlining more towards franchises - eg Marvel, the Fast and the Furious, Star Wars -where the franchise is what sells rather than the actor).

Finally got around to watching Chernobyl

Once you get over the British accents it’s actually very good, and also extremely grim.

Fascinating series, I wonder what the Russians made of it? Or if the truth will ever be known…
Just started watching this after binging Game of Thrones. Dark to say the least.

Started watching Superstore with Ugly Betty's America Ferrara. Not bad, I'll stick with instead of re-watching the peerless The Office (US version natch).

Have watched a new four part docu-series on Netflix over the last few nights called "Keep sweet, pray and obey".

This was about the FLDS, a specific branch of the Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints, which believes in polygamy.

It's a sad, sad true life story really of the brain washing of its members, the women in particular, and of the self styled "Prophet", Warren Jeffs, who had 78 wives, including several under age ones, which he "selected" from amongst the members of the church (cult).

He's currently serving life +20 years for rape and sexual assault of two young girls.

Several brave young women and others who had escaped or been cast out by the church (or by Warren, including his own brother) told their stories and it was harrowing to listen to at times, yet their family members still inside the church want nothing to do with them. Very sad.

Have watched a new four part docu-series on Netflix over the last few nights called "Keep sweet, pray and obey".

This was about the FLDS, a specific branch of the Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints, which believes in polygamy.

It's a sad, sad true life story really of the brain washing of its members, the women in particular, and of the self styled "Prophet", Warren Jeffs, who had 78 wives, including several under age ones, which he "selected" from amongst the members of the church (cult).

He's currently serving life +20 years for rape and sexual assault of two young girls.

Several brave young women and others who had escaped or been cast out by the church (or by Warren, including his own brother) told their stories and it was harrowing to listen to at times, yet their family members still inside the church want nothing to do with them. Very sad.

I've watched Ep1 of that. 'Murica does love a cult.

The Devil's Whore - 4 part series on All 4. Historical drama set in the English Civil War. Very watchable with some decent actors.

Back