• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

The Essex Murders on Sky Documentaries

As feared it was full of gangster types embellishing their own images.
I found the fella at end of part 3 hard to believe if he is a high ranking career criminal it's very strange if he did order the murder or murders that he would admit it and risk a life sentence

Yes "Little Richard The King & Queen Of Rock n Roll" was very interesting.
The plus side was the great rockin' music.
The minus side was bloody Pat Boone!
Also on the minus side (agree about Pat Boone) was the amount of time devoted to Little Richard's religous conversion by the 80's.He was much more interesting as the Queen of Rock n Rll ,IMO. :Winking:

Scenery is stunning. Not as dramatic as the previous series in South America though

Do agree that a lot of what happens appears to be staged, and doesn’t always make sense.

Personally I find the participants quite irritating… with exception of ‘man like’ Mobeen - who seems like the nicest bloke you could ever meet.

I’ve travelled across Canada coast to coast some years ago, so brings back some great memories

Wow, how did you do that - driving? Epic journey.

I think the contestants are ok (indeed it’s unusual to have such ordinary people on TV) it’s more TV’s constant need for a narrative that is irritating. Cut out most of the interviews teeing them up to speak about mending their relationship with their father/brother where they are clearly being teed up to make it a thing for the cameras.

Wow, how did you do that - driving? Epic journey.

I think the contestants are ok (indeed it’s unusual to have such ordinary people on TV) it’s more TV’s constant need for a narrative that is irritating. Cut out most of the interviews teeing them up to speak about mending their relationship with their father/brother where they are clearly being teed up to make it a thing for the cameras.
I have relatives in Toronto, so it was mainly my cousins, aunt and uncle organising the travel. Went over with family, hired a couple of Winnebago camper vans, ended up in Winnipeg, train from there to Calgary, hired a couple of station wagons, ended up in Vancouver via several motels. IIRC correctly we pretty much covered every province except Quebec. Long, long time ago - would love to go back, but £££ now…

Amazing country

I have relatives in Toronto, so it was mainly my cousins, aunt and uncle organising the travel. Went over with family, hired a couple of Winnebago camper vans, ended up in Winnipeg, train from there to Calgary, hired a couple of station wagons, ended up in Vancouver via several motels. IIRC correctly we pretty much covered every province except Quebec. Long, long time ago - would love to go back, but £££ now…

Amazing country
I know Grumpy Blue & his wife did this route by train accros the Rockies some time ago.Also my wife and I did a fly /drive scheme staying at some nice hotels back in the 90's on the East coast..Would agree about the people & the country.

Last edited:
I know Grumpy Blue & his wife did this route by train accros the Rockies some time ago.Also my wife and I did a fly /drive scheme staying at some nice hotels back in the 90's on the East coast..Would agree about the people & the country.
Canadians are generally friendly and trusting. Recall a guy, who we’d met 10 mins before lending us his canoes, telling us just to leave them on the side of the lake before we leave. You wouldn’t get that in the UK.

Last edited:
Canadian are generally friendly and trusting. Recall a guy, who we’d met 10 mins before lending us his canoes, telling us just to leave them on the side of the lake before we leave. You wouldn’t get that in the UK.
That's also true of Americans in general.Remember wanting to go to Akron stadium to see Stephen Stills IIRC back in the 70's and asking a guy fo directions at a gas station.He drove miles out of his way to make sure we were on the right road.Nobody in the UK would do that.

That's also true of Americans in general.Remember wanting to go to Akron stadium to see Stephen Stills IIRC back in the 70's and asking a guy fo directions at a gas station.He drove miles out of his way to make sure we were on the right road.Nobody in the UK would do that.

Unlike you to be so wide-sweeping in your generalisation, some would say almost racist.

I've been binging 'Psych' which I think was on USA Network over here from about 2006-13. I don't recall it being on TV in England but I could well be wrong. Great stuff - detective show played for laughs with some great performances and amusing cameos from 80s icons.

I've been binging 'Psych' which I think was on USA Network over here from about 2006-13. I don't recall it being on TV in England but I could well be wrong. Great stuff - detective show played for laughs with some great performances and amusing cameos from 80s icons.
Have you ever seen the one and only episode of Lookwell?

Back